LegacyGT.com

Speed governor

when I had my forester I was able to get it over 120.. it was pointing pass 120 so it was like 123ish but with Vermont being so hilly it took awhile.

I guess the H6 tops out about the same speed given it's a bit larger in displacement?

With the 32-bit ECU (which would be all USDM LGTs), there's no limit on how high you can set the limiter. Well, there is a limit, but it is close to the speed of the expanding universe a microsecond after the big bang.

That is interesting. When I change it with COBB I believe that 186 is the max.

I will have to revisit it with Enginuity.

Nice to see you here merchgod.:)

That is interesting. When I change it with COBB I believe that 186 is the max.

I will have to revisit it with Enginuity.

Well, I don't know about Cobb's software. They might have placed some artificial limit in their software for whatever reason - you'd have to ask them.

With Enginuity, however, you could enter in 1,000,000 mph or more if you wanted to (speed limiter values are 32-bit float). There's a hard (fuel cut) and soft (throttle cut) speed limiter. One thing that should be noted is that the throttle cut speed limiter, which has a enable and disable value, should never be the same value. The enable value should always be greater than the disable value.

Well, I don't know about Cobb's software. They might have placed some artificial limit in their software for whatever reason - you'd have to ask them.

With Enginuity, however, you could enter in 1,000,000 mph or more if you wanted to (speed limiter values are 32-bit float). There's a hard (fuel cut) and soft (throttle cut) speed limiter. One thing that should be noted is that the throttle cut speed limiter, which has a enable and disable value, should never be the same value. The enable value should always be greater than the disable value.

Correct you are.

COBB generic stage 2 map has a speed limiter of around 554 mph. If I try and change it the max I can to is 186. Those guys sure rip you off.:lol:

• 2 years later...
Way to bump an old useless thread........

How did the mods not lock this up 3 years ago?

:iam:

STFU

my brother has the outback wagon and goes 135 in that. so i think my 2.5i will easily do that. if not more.

I don't think that your going to see a stock 2.5i outback moving that quickly. I do believe the faster you go the less accurate your speedometer is....

• Mega Users
Thanks for that. Although your insecurity got the better of you op, the information in the first couple of threads is valid. Three years old but valid. It becomes counter productive when speedboys talk about reaching top speeds on PUBLIC ROADS. Get a clue and grow up

I believe only 1 person spoke of public road driving. Everyone else was talking about closed course driving. No reason to close an interesting thread because of 1 person. As wreckless and dangerous as it may be, deep down, we're all interested in knowing what is actually possible with our cars :)
lol

Archived