LegacyGT.com

Full Turboback Exhaust (TBE) options

LandShark

Ready to purchase a full TBE but I know there are few options at the moment. Before I sink $2G large on the AVO brand TBE (due to ship in mid-January 05), I wanted to hear from all those Subie veterans about the pros/cons of other brands that should become available in the spring.

I'm also curious if anyone has a good guess as to the price for other full TBEs? I'm sure that $2G is a large sum to pay but, I must say, the AVO does look and sound pretty sweet! Plus I can buy it now and have it on by February at the latest.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_8&products_id=198

Or you can buy a few off the shelf parts and have it welded up with mandrel bent sections and pay about $800, including a metal substrate high flow cat and labor. I've never understood why exhausts cost so much money. $2K for a TBE is just silly. Quality catless systems run about $1K for the WRX. Have a little patience and there will soon be a number of other options with much lower price tags. Personally, I'm still going the custom route.

How about that price? Is $2,000 bucks for a full TBE from AVO Japan reasonable or a rip-off? They price the DP alone at $700. I've seen DPs around $500 from others.

Is there a real advantage to a "divorced" DP entrance with a separate gas pathway for the wastegate exhaust? AVO's website promotes that feature along with the hi-flo cat in the DP.

How about that price? Is $2,000 bucks for a full TBE from AVO Japan reasonable or a rip-off? They price the DP alone at $700. I've seen DPs around $500 from others.

Is there a real advantage to a "divorced" DP entrance with a separate gas pathway for the wastegate exhaust? AVO's website promotes that feature along with the hi-flo cat in the DP.

In terms of performance....there is no advantage of a divorced pipe or twin dump over say a bellmouth. I know world one has a special on the TurboXS dp and high flow cat for under $600. Check it out.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

In terms of performance....there is no advantage of a divorced pipe or twin dump over say a bellmouth. I know world one has a special on the TurboXS dp and high flow cat for under $600. Check it out.

Do you have a link? My Google skills can’t find it.

Jedi can I attend one of your classes? :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
IMO, that's far too much- but the AVO stuff is probably really good stuff. That being said, it's still a bit too rich for my taste. I'll go for a downpipe when they go down in price and the same with midpipe/catback.

Hi there..

Thank you for writing in, you bet that we are having a sale on the items that you have inquired about and I would be glad to help you. Right now I could get you both of those items for the price of 550.00 shipped. You will have to let me know what you think about this price or if you have any additional questions.

We will always do all that we can to take care of all of your needs. If you would like me to give you a call to explain to you further about these parts or anything else for that matter. I sincerley look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks again,

FYI to all: This is much cheaper than a Cobb or Perrin DP with a high flow. But does this mean I can haggle about the price with them? Will you take $500 :confused:

Well I just talked with Perrin its $369 for there’s shipped its catless.

Cobs is $425 Catless and $575 Catted. (+Shipping I believe)

The Turbo X is $550 shipped.

So now it comes down to cat vs no cat. I know we in IL don’t have to go on rollers for emissions but I would feel better about being a little environment conscious.

How much do you really gain be going completely catless?

So...dumb question...

I just ordered the catless Perrin DP (which will be shipped to me Thursday), I have a catless Autospeed uppipe that's going on with it, so does that mean I will have no cats on the car at all? Won't there still be one in the midpipe? I thought this car came with 3 cats.

So...dumb question...

I just ordered the catless Perrin DP (which will be shipped to me Thursday), I have a catless Autospeed uppipe that's going on with it, so does that mean I will have no cats on the car at all? Won't there still be one in the midpipe? I thought this car came with 3 cats.

The car does come with 3 cats (1 up, 2 down, 3 mid) but Perrins DP replace the stock DP and third/ mid cat.

This is why I am struggling making my decision. It’s a lot cheaper to go catless but what are the cons. Emissions and environment.

Thanks,

so now that I know I'll be totally catless, I wonder how much louder the car'll be. I know It can't be too loud because the stock mufflers aren't straight-thru mufflers.

And there will be no flames 'cause the mufflers aren't straight -thru...

Hmmm...I should know in about a week and a half.

Think of the weight savings by getting rid of all this crap! I need to hook up that Borla cat-back next.

Well, just so you know, the Stage 2 for the Accessport is already tuned to eliminate the O2 sensor. Still bolt it into the downpipe, but the tuning now ignores the sensor. This sensor offers no tunning, just makes sure that the cat is in working order. So when you put the pipe in, put the stage 2 in, it is also recommended by Cobb specificaly for the 02 sensor reprogram.

Well, just so you know, the Stage 2 for the Accessport is already tuned to eliminate the O2 sensor.

Completely? Doesn't that negate the EFI's ability to compensate during closed loop operation? That would bother me some....

Completely? Doesn't that negate the EFI's ability to compensate during closed loop operation? That would bother me some....

We are only talking about the post 3rd cat O2 sensor being ignored. That sensor only role in life is to monitor cat operation. The first O2 sensor is still being read and used for feedback control under closed loop.

Guest *Jedimaster*
We are only talking about the post 3rd cat O2 sensor being ignored. That sensor only role in life is to monitor cat operation. The first O2 sensor is still being read and used for feedback control under closed loop.

There's an 02 sensor after the 3rd cat?

Archived