• 2009 G8 Wagon
    • 2008 Magnum
    • Screw all three bring back the LGT wagon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

SUV FTL

hey slegacy99, drove an 07 highlander all week with v6. It was one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever driven. Interior materials are way below the LGT, engine was gutless, and the AWD system was essentially useless in the snow.

The Magnum is done. It probably isn't coming back. The LGT wagon is done...we all know why. The only new wagon that is coming is the G8 wagon. And that will be done too because people here don't want wagons. I am one of those people. I still think wagons are awesome, just doesn't fit my need/style. I would definitely get a wagon over an SUV/CUV any day though.

SUV FTL

hey slegacy99, drove an 07 highlander all week with v6. It was one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever driven. Interior materials are way below the LGT, engine was gutless, and the AWD system was essentially useless in the snow.

Yeah I don't like previous gen. Highlander. The 3.3L is a weak engine for its size. The only thing I like about the interior that car is that there are rear cup holders. Haven't checked out the new one yet.

Did this Highlander not have a snow function? The RX always has had that. Switches from AWD to 4WD.

Guest heightsgtltd
Yeah I don't like previous gen. Highlander. The 3.3L is a weak engine for its size. The only thing I like about the interior that car is that there are rear cup holders. Haven't checked out the new one yet.

Did this Highlander not have a snow function? The RX always has had that. Switches from AWD to 4WD.

There was an ECT button on the tranny that was for snow, but I assumed that activated some sort of traction control?

There was an ECT button on the tranny that was for snow, but I assumed that activated some sort of traction control?

Nope, switches it to 4WD. Not that I ever needed to use it in our RX300. AWD was just fine. Its amazing the difference between drving an AWD Legacy and the driving an AWD vehicle with ground clearence. Id still rather have the LGT though.

Im assuming there was a power option too. That just modifies your shifting. Like overdrive, which I don't get because there already is an overdrive. Knocks about 1 mpg.

• 4 weeks later...
And wouldnt you expect Subaru to have nicer interior materials than Toyota?

I have an 05 LGT Wagon and an 08 Highlander with Nav, leather, etc.

The Highlander had better interior quality by a wide margin. I'm unimpressed with the LGT's interior quality.

I have an 05 LGT Wagon and an 08 Highlander with Nav, leather, etc.

The Highlander had better interior quality by a wide margin. I'm unimpressed with the LGT's interior quality.

Well if you are familiar with the '07 or lower Highlanders than you know that the interiors are not impressive.

An Example

http://www.southislandimports.ca/99cori.jpg

99 Corolla

http://www.powerlabs.org/images/interior.jpg

99 Impreza

Ignoring the added shift knob, pedals, and electronic gizmos which do you think is nicer? (note: for those who aren't familiar with this gen. of Impreza, the carbon fiber is factory.)

Well if you are familiar with the '07 or lower Highlanders than you know that the interiors are not impressive.

An Example

http://www.southislandimports.ca/99cori.jpg

99 Corolla

http://www.powerlabs.org/images/interior.jpg

99 Impreza

Ignoring the added shift knob, pedals, and electronic gizmos which do you think is nicer? (note: for those who aren't familiar with this gen. of Impreza, the carbon fiber is factory.)

Why are you showing a picture of a Corolla interior when you're talking about the Highlander? Comparing those two, they both look like crap. Also, as far as the new Legacy, it's well styled but the materials aren't that durable.

This is an '07 Highlander interior:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/03/30/024523.1-lg.jpg

Why are you comparing a Highlander with a Legacy. I was only comparing two cars in the same class.

You made a general statement about Subaru vs. Toyota interiors and you brought the Highlander into the thread. I gave you first hand experience towards that. Besides, there's a lot of overlap on prices between a Legacy/Outback and a new Highlander.

If you want two directly comparable vehicles, the interior in the Highlander is better quality than the Tribeca.

The Magnum is done. It probably isn't coming back. The LGT wagon is done...we all know why. The only new wagon that is coming is the G8 wagon. And that will be done too because people here don't want wagons. I am one of those people. I still think wagons are awesome, just doesn't fit my need/style. I would definitely get a wagon over an SUV/CUV any day though.

:whore:

Archived