LegacyGT.com

Going with 20G, go aftermarket clutch now?

Beanboy

I don't plan on beating the car too much other than the dyno tune during the winter months along with some WOT runs up to highway speed. No drag racing or track events where WOT will be used for 10+ seconds at a time.

I'm hoping to get until summer (to be ready for summer driving events) on the stock setup before switching to an ACTR kit/WRX flywheel combo.

My head in the clouds thinking I can get at least a few months out of the OEM setup at 300+WHP and more importantly, 300+ lbs-ft of torque?

Anybody out there with aftermarket turbos running on an OEM clutch/flywheel setup?

Thanks for any advice...

-B

The greater lag for not much more on pump gas and IWG made me choose the 20G. If I was going EWG, would have gone Green. Also wanted to keep the chances of engine/transmission issues to a minimum.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Thinking I might go ahead minus a clutch upgrade, but keep an eye out for deals and buy when the buying is good with the knowledge one of the days on the highway I'll start feeling slip...

^^^

Well the Red is MUCH bigger than a green, the dominator 2.5R is smaller and some have been known to have issues with the IWG. The FP green is a proven turbo as is the red but it is almost the size of a gt35, far too much lag for most. The 2.5r is actually an excellent choice if you can get your hands on a good one.

Archived