LegacyGT.com

Calling apexjapan...

Paul, How fussy is the Regal Blue when it comes to showing dirt, swirl marks, etc? What do you use to wash and wax, and why? Just *really* feeling the pull of a RB GT wagon, and after having white and silver cars most recently, I'm a little gun-shy about a color that dark being as fussy as a black car I had once. Thanks.

[quote name='racerdave']Paul, How fussy is the Regal Blue when it comes to showing dirt, swirl marks, etc? What do you use to wash and wax, and why? Just *really* feeling the pull of a RB GT wagon, and after having white and silver cars most recently, I'm a little gun-shy about a color that dark being as fussy as a black car I had once. Thanks.[/quote] I was wondering this too. :D Any word of any Legacys in WI yet or when there will be?

So far it has not been fussy at all. I applied Surluster wax at the 1000km mark. It went on quite well, and there has not been a hint of swirls or scratches. No paint chips either from the front end, though total mileage has been rather low to rate that. So far, my only washing since then was with a bucket of slightly soapy water and a rag. (seriously, it's hard to wash cars here). Results still turned out rather well. My 5yr old found a little white rock and decided that it would be interesting to see if it would write like chalk on the back of my car down near one of the exhaust tips. :( Still, the scraping was minimal, and it looks like I can buff it out easily and rewax it. So far, the paint has been more impressive than the previous efforts from Subaru, with far less orange peel, more of a mirror finish than before, and at least a perception of resistance to paint chipping. Cheers, Paul Hansen

[quote name='apexjapan']My 5yr old found a little white rock and decided that it would be interesting to see if it would write like chalk on the back of my car down near one of the exhaust tips. :( Still, the scraping was minimal, and it looks like I can buff it out easily and rewax it. [/quote] ..I remember vivedly at the age of 5 taking a small rock hammer to some of my parents prized wooden furniture. It seemed to make perfect sense at the time.. and all the little wood chip patterns being made were somewhat mesmerizing.

Thanks Paul... I can only envision what my 2-yr-old has in store for my cars... :) Doesn't sound like the blue's too bad. I was set 100% on silver until I saw your pics... now I'd have to say the RB is leading 80-20. :) One other question... How do you like the Momo steering wheel? Is the rim thickness suitable? Or is the grip rather thin? Just wondering, as I have a 95 Momo F1 (the actual model name) wheel I adore (bought for car use, but the car is long gone... now it's used for a racing simulator controller I built), and that thickness is pretty good. I find that with too thin a grip, I have to death grip it and it's not as comfy.

Archived