LegacyGT.com

2007 Auto Lgt Reflash Shutter Problem

That's awesome that somebody actually has undeniable proof that the stutter exists! I sure would like to show that graph to a SOA rep and then hear him try to tell me that "the car is operating the way it is supposed to," as they have told others here. I would be embarrassed to make such a statement with that graph sitting right in front of me.
Yeah, any SOA rep will surely be impressed by a graph which indicates 10,000 HP at 3250 RPM. :rolleyes:

I don't see where you see that. It says the multiplier is 10. So where you get that is beyond me. Even if so it is not the hp and torque numbers that matter, that could be a gear ratio error on my part. But the graph is clear there is stutter and all those who said it did not exist on the auto's or the ob's have yet to tell me what it is if not stutter.

I don't see where you see that. It says the multiplier is 10. So where you get that is beyond me.

It says the multiplier is x10^3 (which is 1000), not x10. The little caret symbol means "to the power of."

Apparently it's just a mislabeling of the graph?

I suggest that anyone who wants to try to get this fixed join me in writing a "Letter to the Preseident" of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/

I have taken this path before with issues, they will respond. I work for a Fortune 500 and when a "Letter to the President" comes in, we get a call from the VP and must resolve and respond to the president's office within 48 hours. This is a common practice at most major companies.

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

Subaru Building,

President & CEO Ikuo Mori

1-7-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8316

If I understand Lemon Law's correctly there has to be something wrong with the car that caused dangerous operation....

While the stuttter is annoying (and pretty much eliminated with the reflash) I don't think it is dangerous. There are arguments that it could cause an accident if you pull in front of someone and don't get full accelerationg, but if your putting yourself in that situation, you need to rethink your move.

As for the letter to the President, the fact that they have reflashes out shows that SOA is aware of the problem and working to fix it. I'm not sure what the President will do to speed the process, but maybe he is a great progammer who can rewrite the ecu :rolleyes:

/rant

• 3 months later...

EcuTek or Cobb it. Find a dealer who is mod friendly or flash it back if you run into a problem.

You'll want to go the custom tuning route anyway if your planning on track-ing the car.

The stutter was the main reason i got mine.

Archived