LegacyGT.com

Liquid gasket T type for differential plugs

Is there a version of the "Three Bond 1105" liquid gasket (specified by service manual) that I can buy in an auto parts store? I called and it would be $16 for it at my dealership, which said they'd have to order a case.

Edit: I misinterpreted the service manual. The liquid gasket is needed on type T differentials.

Is there a version of the "Three Bond 1105" liquid gasket (specified by service manual) that I can buy in an auto parts store? I called and it would be $16 for it at my dealership, which said they'd have to order a case.

Edit: I misinterpreted the service manual. The liquid gasket is needed on type T differentials.

The fact that they need to order a case probably means they don't use it either. :)

They probably use a generic brand commonly available in auto parts stores.

Yeah... There are two dealerships side by side that use the same service and parts department, Chrysler/Jeep and Subaru. The buildings even look the same. They guy said they just use the Chrysler sealant on the Subaru plugs. I'm sure they don't have lots of Subaru stuff in stock, because Subarus are outsold big-time by Chrysler and Jeep down here in Alabama.

Archived