LegacyGT.com

Automobile Magazine's Family car of the year!

[url="http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20041220"]http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20041220[/url] All-Star Family Car: Subaru Legacy – The Legacy beat out the competition because it can be all things to all people: a refined, high-quality, comfortable freeway cruiser and a sporty back-roads car, with fine steering and brakes and a sweet shifter. Might not be the distinction that all of you tuners were looking for, but nice nonetheless :D

The EVO MR is an amazing car, deserves that position until Subaru brings out a Spec C over here. As for their pick of car of the year, really don't see why people like that 300c so much, its a huge piece of metal driving down the road, ugly and to big. I could care less about a hemi as well, give me a big turbo :)

Yeah, I don't care for that 300C either, looks like a tank. I don't like Mitsubishi, any car they make. I've owned one (Eagle Talon) and swore I would never buy one of their cars again. They are failing miserably here in Canada, very poor service and they don't support their dealers. Sly

[quote name='sduford'] They are failing miserably here in Canada, very poor service and they don't support their dealers. Sly[/QUOTE] They're not doing too well all around at all really. Just had to 'prematurely' release a considerable amount of their workforce; sales are down better than 25% across all product lines; talk of a plant closure here in the states and DCX has refused to invest further monies in them.

Forget the mitsubishi. Did you read in Car and Driver about a lot of peoples engines had catastrophic failures and the dealerships are refusing to fix their motors without the owners paying $7000 for a new motor from Mitsu. They would check the computer and if they saw that the car had been driven to redline several times, they would say that the owner was racing and voided their warrenty. I am sorry, but If you make my car to have max hp at redline. In everyday driving I am going to hit that mark a few bits, and they better as hell fix it if it blows. The car is suppost to be designed to take that. When I had my old truck with no power, I used to floor it everywhere, otherwise it was a slug in traffic and would piss people off. It lasted 160,000 miles before the rings wore out. Drove that thing at 100% throttle for it's entire life. In my flat4 club out here a few Evo guys come out socialize since they don't have their own club. One of them had a rod break, and they are refusing the service on his. He was furious, but I would be too. His was stock! Now according to all the magazines their are supposed to be a slew of 550hp Evo's out there on the stock crank, makes me wonder?

A sweet shifter??!! What is Automobile magazine talking about? From reading this board, I thought that it was rubbery, with super-long throws that are cured with the STi short shifter. :lol: All kidding aside, that is quite the accolade for the GT wagon. Automobile doesn't have the same "clout" as Car & Driver, but I expected that the wagon would get more love than the sedan, as the sport wagon field just isn't all that crowded. Add a fast, tip-top car to that field, and it will excel. Kevin

• 11 months later...
Automobile has, again, honored the leggy!! The article in this year's issue doesn't mention the shifter nor does it mention the brakes. Actually the write-up in the magazine is great!!!! The picture of the LGT with all 4 wheels in the air is nice too! January 2006 page 50

Kevin - Who cares about the shifter when the magazine says "fine brakes"! :D Tell those folks who write thread after thread on this board about lousy brakes... Hahahha...

Vikki Butler Henderson From 5th gear also raved on about how good the brakes were on her test lap on the track. Season 8 Episode 9 Part II.

They're not doing too well all around at all really. Just had to 'prematurely' release a considerable amount of their workforce; sales are down better than 25% across all product lines; talk of a plant closure here in the states and DCX has refused to invest further monies in them.

Actually DCX already sold bulk of their stake. Goldman Sachs bought it and sold it again to unknown investors.

Hmm...the link below is not for Automobile magazine. Here's the right one:

http://automobilemag.com/news/2006_automobile_of_the_year/

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20041220

All-Star Family Car: Subaru Legacy – The Legacy beat out the competition because it can be all things to all people: a refined, high-quality, comfortable freeway cruiser and a sporty back-roads car, with fine steering and brakes and a sweet shifter.

Might not be the distinction that all of you tuners were looking for, but nice nonetheless :D

To those obsessed with proving to themselves that the LGT is a "performance demon": Chill out....nowhere in the Automobile Magazine article do they cubbyhole the LGT as a "family car". They give it an "all-star" award on the merits as the car it is, which is....well....great.

Archived