LegacyGT.com

Headlight Issue

I have a 2008 Outback purchased in November, mine are terrible! It looks like this every day when I get home. No excuses, no "it's supposed to be like this". I don't buy it. It's a BRAND NEW CAR, this should not happen!!!!

1209071525.jpg.16e30639386457b72696f8ee2507b77e.jpg

I had brand new headlights installed by the dealer on Friday and I still have the same condensation issue with the brand new headlights. I have informed the dealer and I am waiting for their reply. This has been very frustrating. Either there's a bad lot of headlights or there's something else causing this.

I had brand new headlights installed by the dealer on Friday and I still have the same condensation issue with the brand new headlights. I have informed the dealer and I am waiting for their reply. This has been very frustrating. Either there's a bad lot of headlights or there's something else causing this.

Tell your service department to be sure they submit a QMR to Subaru through the Subarunet system.

I have a 2008 Outback purchased in November, mine are terrible! It looks like this every day when I get home. No excuses, no "it's supposed to be like this". I don't buy it. It's a BRAND NEW CAR, this should not happen!!!!

is it like that all the time?

mine was really bad before but now it cleared up but after a long drive 1 hour it fogs up a bit

My headlights are generally clear except when I drive for over 1/2 hour. Then the condensation gradually builds up from the bottom up. After about 1/2 hour of driving there will be a strip that's about an inch thick along the bottom edge of the light. After a 2 to 3 hour drive they get alot of condensation.

It's tough because unless I drive it around alot before bringing it to the dealer, they won't get to see how bad it gets.

• 3 weeks later...
Last week, the dealership finally got a technician out from SOA to look at my headlight issue. They tested it and reproduced the issue and are bringing their data back to do some research. They say that they will get back to me with a solution...so we'll see what SOA says....

Last week, the dealership finally got a technician out from SOA to look at my headlight issue. They tested it and reproduced the issue and are bringing their data back to do some research. They say that they will get back to me with a solution...so we'll see what SOA says....

Dont expect much. :lol:

Wow, my 08 has never been that bad!

Archived