LegacyGT.com

Can any Nokian WR or WR-G2 owners chime in?

TimGinCentralNJ

I swung by my local retail tire place just to check out a couple sets of winter tires and was surprised to see they now carry a decent selection of Nokian tires. I had always been curious as to whether or not the WR's or new WR G2's had much of a sidewall (since they are "H" rated)--or whether they were just all about snow/ice grip and little else.

In examining both tires (yes--they actually had the G2's in stock), their sidewalls feel pretty darn flimsy. Is there anyone here who's either run them in the past, or is running them now....can you comment at all? And what PSI have you run them at?

Fyi, even though they're all-season classification, I would probably run these tires during the winter only.

Thanks,

Tim G.

I've got the WR's. Used them last winter and am about to put them on again (a little late) as my winter tires here in the PNW.

Mine are standard LGT size 215/45/R17 91V XL.

I definitely noticed they felt softer than the OEM RE92's.

Very happy with mine. Considerably softer than my F1's, but then again my summers are 18's and the Nokians are 17's. With the winter slop, I'm happy to get a little more comfort out of them sicne absolute performance is not the primary goal during those months.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Wonderful in the rain, slush, snow, ice and combo. However in the dry (most of my winter) I find my RE960's to be plain superior and even previous RE92's on a WRX. They don't like to be pushed especially in warmer temps.

I just had my WR's installed yesterday, along with my cobb sway bars. I have only been driving on them for one day, and they do feel slightly softer than the stock tires, however I am betting that feeling will go away as I get used to them and/or as they break in. I was going thru the turns rather vigorously as I wanted to feel if the sways made a difference and the tires felt just fine. Overall the car felt great, very solid in the turns with no body roll, and no tire issues either. I plan to run these tires all year so we'll see how they do in the summer. The rubber is slightly softer than the stock tires, but no where near the softness of a blizzak, so I am hoping they are just the right mix for all seasons.

Archived