LegacyGT.com

(Laugh if you want to but...) Power Seat Adjustment Method?

[font=Arial][size=4]I just took delivery of an ABP/Taupe GT L last night and was still fiddling around with the power seats to get them 'perfect' - but after I let my wife take it for a drive I'm almost back to square one as far as the seat settings go.[/size][/font] [font=Arial][size=4][/size][/font] [font=Arial][size=4]In the absence of a memory function for the power seats I was wondering if anyone had developed a 'methodology' for getting them dialed in - i.e. which adjustment range to do first, second, etc....[/size][/font] [font=Arial][size=4][/size][/font] [font=Arial][size=4]:confused: [/size][/font]

Me GF and I share time in our cars, fortunately the only thing she does when she adjusts the seat is to move it forward. We both like the backrest angle and bottom cushion angle/height the same. For fore/aft, I just slide it back a little further than I need, push in the clutch and move forward till I'm confortable with my leg position. Works for me.

With me, I start with the seat height adjustment so that I can fit about four fingers between the top of my head and the headliner. Next, I slide the seat back so that with my arms outstretched, my wrists are at the steering wheel. Lastly, I try to sit upright as possible and then tweak the fore/aft seat height to a comfortable position. Takes about 30 seconds to do. Ken

I like going sliding it from back to front, but I stop at the point where the clutch is fully depressed but my leg is still slightly bent. I find this allows me to control the pedal better and use my ultra masculine leg muscles to their advantage :P

at first i would put it all the way down and lift the front till it was snug under my knees, but now it's just all the way down. if i'm really driving it, then i'll move it closer to the steering wheel. if on a longer freeway trip, then i'll move it back a bit.

Wow, how interesting. I thought my roommate was the only one anal (no offense, of course) about seating adjustments. If his seating is not perfect in his RSX, he'll shift bad and/or stall. I don't have a Legacy, but all I do is make sure I can engage the clutch all the way.
-ben

No offense taken... However in my case a lot of it is due to having parked a bridge abutment right between the headlights of a 73 Firebird. (Notice the ashtray cozying up to the rearview mirror, and the custom steering wheel work was done by my face.) So anyway, along with the 3 skull fractures, 18 jaw fractures, 24 facial fractures, exploding the left orbit, and severing the seventh branch of the facial nerve, the lap belt helped me to rupture my small intestine (in seven times that night to get the bleeders) and fracture my third and fourth lumbar, which healed out of line with a partial calcification/fusion. My leg didn't work, total static on the EMG, and I weighed a grand total of 85 pounds including the armpit to hip plaster bodycast. Well I defied the hell out of medical science, did my own rehab and not only do I walk, and drive, I pretty well kick @$$. (No money to race though - sorry Skip Barber...) None-the-less, that kinda trauma does wear a body down and I really need to get a very efficient and supportive driving position. 22 years later I still remember the impact.

555930225_Firebirdrezised.jpg.00b738a6136ca50767cc34ff8e3a4328.jpg

Archived