LegacyGT.com

1st timeslip with AP stage 1 91 octane

Kaptan

I went to the track today and got a few runs in. I had a couple of 15.0-1 sec times (bogged on launches) and a 14.2 sec run and 2 13.9's. The only mods I have done to my car are: older Legacy catless uppipe, Perrin lightweight pulley, and AP stage 1 - 91 octane.

EDIT: I added a clearer picture of the slip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/mikek712/Time128.jpg

Time128a.jpg.ae44b0079cac27ebeb13c840d5d6b230.jpg

For a first time at a drag strip thats great actually, my first time at one with my WRX I ran a 15.3 or something like that, I only got one run though :( I wouldn't be surprised with some more experience if you dropped a few more 10ths off those times.

[quote name='kanoswrx']For a first time at a drag strip thats great actually, my first time at one with my WRX I ran a 15.3 or something like that, I only got one run though :( I wouldn't be surprised with some more experience if you dropped a few more 10ths off those times.[/QUOTE] Thanks. Next time I go, I'll be at stage 2 and hope to get mid 13's or lower.

[quote name='jedimaster']True- but I assume this wasn't an abuse the shit out of the clutch kind of run- which encourages me.[/QUOTE] No, it was not "abuse the shit out of the clutch" runs. I slipped the clutch at about 3000 rpms.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Kaptan']No, it was not "abuse the shit out of the clutch" runs. I slipped the clutch at about 3000 rpms.[/QUOTE] Good to hear. I always cringe when I see a thread with a great timeslip, but they launched it at 5K.

A quick slip from 5k isn't abusive. Side-stepping the clutch at 5k will break things. It looks remarkably identical to my timeslip - I've done the same 1/8th and mph, same 1/4 and mph, with a .08 difference in 60ft. Looks like my $50 in mods is still comparing nicely! I need to run again now that I'm at 17 psi and the weather isn't 80 degrees with 99% humidity, and I really need to get that up pipe installed...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure what it was I was racing against. I had six runs and can't remember what this one was. I will say that on most of the runs, I was behind:lol: There were alot of cars running in the sub 12's that day. My best guess that it was a late 90's blown mustang that had over 1k hp.

Archived