LegacyGT.com

Gas Gauge..Was i ripped off

Guest Gitster
All of NJ is corrupt.

But I still don't know why people like to pump there own gas. I like sitting in my warm car while some kid pumps my gas.

I can pump my gas in a shorter period of time than it takes them to get to my car. :cool:

I think I saw what you read somewhere...dirt gets in the tanks when they fill the tankers...high flow doesnt read what u really are getting ect.

An i didnt wanna call anyone cuz i know the guys that work there they are all nice, but that one new guy i wanna get his name an report him def.

Yeah tanker sturs up what settled on bottom and summer months the gas vaporises so early morning fillups are the best. I always pump slow even if i'm freezing. Not trying to cheat myself and or have a tank of foam to find out 5 blocks later i'm no longer on F

All of NJ is corrupt.

But I still don't know why people like to pump there own gas. I like sitting in my warm car while some kid pumps my gas.

I am already broke trying to fill the car up. somethimes I put just enough to get to and from work (i.e. prevent me from hitting double digit boost.) Plus I like the fact of not having to tip and or worry what grade goes into my car. I feel when it's time I don't pump my own gas in my own car is when I have a bently and my driver pumps it for me. Till I hit the lottery or fake my death, thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

i work at at gas station

theres only 2 ways to do that, a. go inside and change the price per galon or galon per price

b. u have to calibrate the pumps

You forget he's in NJ

c. guy doesn't actually pump ANY gas and just walks up to your window and is like "yo, 50 bucks dawg"

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

If you leave the ignition on when you fill up, the guage won't go up.

I've had this happen to me before. I turned the key back one click to kill the engine, but leave the radio on and filled up. Drove off and looked down at the gas guage and it hadn't moved. It took about a half hour for it to creep back up to where it should be.

Let's kick this pig!

I've had this happen to me before. I turned the key back one click to kill the engine, but leave the radio on and filled up. Drove off and looked down at the gas guage and it hadn't moved. It took about a half hour for it to creep back up to where it should be.

did that to me but car was off and keys in pocket. eventualy it moved and range went up.

My '05 Impreza used to do that all the time. I would get in and it would creep to about 3/4, then it would take another 5 mins to show full.... weird?

I beleive the reason NJ has all full service is because of too many drive offs..... not only are the guys pumping your gas dishonest, so are half the ones buying it....

I knew a lot of kids of Jersey in college... it's amazing that they all leave the state to get a good education at a lower cost :rolleyes:

Archived