LegacyGT.com

My Second BAD Experience with Planet Subaru

ToddMcF2002

Over 1000 views. It warms the heart I tell ya. Planet LOL.

Post links to this thread on nasioc.com, subaruforester.org and subaruoutback.org. Mass damage LOL.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
job well done

Amazing that they didnt even really try to do damage control.

The damage is done :)

I don't have anything against them, personally. I contacted them when I bought my first Subaru, got the vibe on how the "undealer" does business, and didn't contact them for #2 or #3. But there are other dealers around that probably aren't any better.

FameMax hasn't posted in a while, WRX2LGT seems to be active on the forum but hasn't posted in this thread. I'm sure they are still selling plenty of Outbacks to blondes from Hingham.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 3 weeks later...
Planet did have one questionable tactic of telling you the car you are really shopping (based on your budget). Probably part of a sales training program. But as long as you know how to walk out if you don't get what you want, they had a decent selection of cars.

Amazing that they didnt even really try to do damage control.

You can't do damage control on forums even if you're not in the wrong (and I'm not saying they are or aren't, btw) - they're smart not to try. :) Not to mention it's not really their job to, and it's not worth saying the wrong thing and getting fired for it.

we went there once when my girl wanted the tribeca and i was looking for a good deal on a LGT. So we were looking to buy two vehicles at once and hopefully get a good deal...

After many phone calls back and forth with my salesman i was looking forward to striking up a deal...

long story short we wasted our time, they didnt have a mt lgt in stock (like i was led to believe) and they didnt want to budge on the tribecas price... (after 3 hrs of back and forth, they didnt want to let us go after we told them we wanted to put down $15k each)

i really felt like we didnt matter even though we drove 2 hrs, i can honestly say it was one of the worst dealer experiences i ever had.

it worked out in the end as we ended up buying the two cars from Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT. We got red carpet treatment,pressure free, great prices and free oil changes for a year.

You can't do damage control on forums even if you're not in the wrong (and I'm not saying they are or aren't, btw) - they're smart not to try. :) Not to mention it's not really their job to, and it's not worth saying the wrong thing and getting fired for it.

Truth. Wisdom, even. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heightsgtltd

I completely disagree...

You can do damage control. Vendors on here have done exactly that and explained that they aren't perfect, and mistakes happen.

I heard that it's not uncommon for Subaru dealers to refuse test drives for STIs... indeed they must think it's a Ferrari or something. For a brand new car there is maybe a point, since an actual buyer (typically enthusiast in case of STI) would want to buy the car with minimum number of miles. But used STI? :confused:

When I bought my LGT in 2005, I told the dealer the final step b4 payment would be a test drive in the STi to compare it to the LGT. The salesman was a young kid that knew his cars and I got the test drive. Weeeeee!

You know, it's funny, I haven't had a negative experience at Planet. I didn't buy my car there - at the time I was living up by Boston and got my car at Metrowest in Natick.

I moved down to the Cape, so now the nearest dealership to me is Planet. Their service department seems fine. Actually, the first time I went it was just for an oil change, etc. I decided to wait at the dealership, since I knew it wouldn't be too long. I went to the sales dept. to have a look at an 08 tribeca for my dad. Now, I'm a young guy (not quite 25, and I look younger than I am), and I wasn't exactly dressed up. I probably could have passed for a teenager if I wanted to. Anyway, the sales guy didn't give me any trouble with the Tribeca, including letting me take it out (solo) for a fairly lengthy test drive. When I got back, I asked him if I could take out a new wrx - and I was open about the fact that I just wanted to drive it to get a feel for how it compared to my LGT. He knew I had absolutely zero intention of buying it but went around back and got me one just the same. When I got back, I said thanks to the sales guy, picked up my keys and paid, had a pleasant chat about my mods with one of the service guys, and got in and drove off.

Planet has 243 cars for sale on ebay, some of them (like two LGT MT wagons) been there for months:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZplanetQ5fsubaru

Feedback score? 1 (one) !! (and older than 90 days)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=planet_subaru&ftab=AllFeedback

ROTFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been noticing that for the past month now. At least they have pictures now. Previously, it was only auctions with a default generic Subaru image. The auctions were only appearing after hours or on weekends (i.e. when eBay staff was at home) and there would be a ton of auctions listing what appeared to be the same vehicles.

Combine that with a no-feedback userID (or worse, only a few feedbacks that are all 90+ days old) and the whole situation sounds like a Nigerian scammer. No wonder people aren't buying from the auctions.

Maybe they should start selling OEM items online first that are obviously cheaper and easier to deal with than a car. Then they would have the rep and business that shows that they are a real dealership with some online transactions.

• 2 months later...

Hi Todd,

The car sold and purchased at the end of January to someone over seas, who I am picking up at the airport on May 8th. It is strickly parked where it is for security reasons.

Mike

Guest heightsgtltd
Hi Todd,

The car sold and purchased at the end of January to someone over seas, who I am picking up at the airport on May 8th. It is strickly parked where it is for security reasons.

Mike

Someone bought the car in January for a May delivery? :lol:

Was it Unclemat? :lol:

• 1 month later...
lol I was thinking about taking a look at their spec B they had on the lot so I searched "planet subaru" and I just read all 7 pages of this thread. They have an 07 spec b for $29k which I think is over priced but now I'm nervous to offer them anything. Thanks guys!

lol I was thinking about taking a look at their spec B they had on the lot so I searched "planet subaru" and I just read all 7 pages of this thread. They have an 07 spec b for $29k which I think is over priced but now I'm nervous to offer them anything. Thanks guys!

You are conerned with the price of a car, so you you are nervous making an offer? Whats the worst that could happen? I turn it down?

I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

To answer your email, we have had that Spec B for about 3 weeks...

Talk to you soon...

Mike Connolly

You are conerned with the price of a car, so you you are nervous making an offer? Whats the worst that could happen? I turn it down?

I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

To answer your email, we have had that Spec B for about 3 weeks...

Talk to you soon...

Mike Connolly

I was nervous about the service I was going to recieve when I call and thanks for replying to my comment in a very quick manor. Though I wished you would have replied to my email instead. You'll have a PM in about 30 seconds ;).

Archived