LegacyGT.com

I touched an 08 STI today

Mr. Ed

The interior is the same as the base Impreza, aside from the guages, SI/DCCD switches, and a few STI logos, and different seats. The overall layout and panel plastics are all the same as a much less expensive Impreza, and very likely to be compared with the Mazda 3, and MazdaSpeed3.

I think the exterior of the 3 is MUCH nicer than the Impreza, STI included, and wouldn't be suprised if the interior is a bit nicer, as well.

The STI is many things, but one of those things happens to be rooted in an AWD economy car. It is an impreza, after all. A very fast and well equipped one, but an Impreza none the less.

Subtle is fine, bloated and ugly is another matter, which is how the impreza/WRX 5 door looks like next to a Mazda 3. It may be more subtle than previous STIs... And the Impreza/3 Sedans are no comparison, either. 3 every day of the week, and twice on sunday.

The Subaru dealer nearest me also sells Mazdas, so I have seen them together on the same lot. Mazda has the style down, Subaru definitely does not, at least IMHO.

Seen one in person recently, greatly unimpressed. Funny thing is the turbo/IC/manifold setup is exactly the same as the previous generation while the WRX is like our LGT's.

True, but I hear that the IC is like 25% larger though.

The interior is the same as the base Impreza, aside from the guages, SI/DCCD switches, and a few STI logos, and different seats. The overall layout and panel plastics are all the same as a much less expensive Impreza, and very likely to be compared with the Mazda 3, and MazdaSpeed3.

I think the exterior of the 3 is MUCH nicer than the Impreza, STI included, and wouldn't be suprised if the interior is a bit nicer, as well.

The STI is many things, but one of those things happens to be rooted in an AWD economy car. It is an impreza, after all. A very fast and well equipped one, but an Impreza none the less.

Subtle is fine, bloated and ugly is another matter, which is how the impreza/WRX 5 door looks like next to a Mazda 3. It may be more subtle than previous STIs... And the Impreza/3 Sedans are no comparison, either. 3 every day of the week, and twice on sunday.

The Subaru dealer nearest me also sells Mazdas, so I have seen them together on the same lot. Mazda has the style down, Subaru definitely does not, at least IMHO.

Seeing the two side by side is quite the contrast, inside and out. While the new STI looks a billion times better than that ricer "LOOK AT ME" special from the previous generation, the Mazdaspeed3 still looks better all around.

Subaru is going in the right direction though.

I saw the 08 STi in person for the first time at Cobb today, and it is drop-dead sexy. I greatly prefer it for its wide stance and sharper-angled appearance, as well as interior quality.

I've preferred the look of the Mazdas from back in the Protege days, but this latest gen of Subarus are taking them to school, in my opinion.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

Archived