LegacyGT.com

improper harsh+obj ticket

j255c

Recently i was pulled over by a cop quoting that i was spinning my tires and accelerating too fast in 1st gear. He issued me this ticket, but could not give me a fine for speeding since it was only done in 1st gear which falls under the speed limit of 30mph. Does anyone have any mechanical technical print outs, or know of a site i can use to argue this in court. This was done on dry pavement and my tires were not spinning, so im going to try to fight this one. It is really impossible to spin the tires in these cars unless its on wet/snow conditions.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Go to court and say you accidentally slipped off your clutch pedal and "spun your tires" worked for me on my previous none AWD MT car.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

How much is the ticket?

Irrelevant. In MA a ticket is 30% (or ~50% if you have discounts) hike in insurance for 6 years! :spin:

Fight every ticket, especially such BS!

AFAIK the OP has an out of state license.....So no messed up Mass insurance for him.

Well, they will still create MA record for him. If he every settles in MA and gets MA license this will come back and haunt him.

Fight every damn ticket. The system is corrupt and needs to be fought. I wish every damn ticket was taken to court, the whole money making machinery would grind to halt.

I've been at a few stop lights where I've heard tires chirp and squeal but that is because some r-tard behind or next to me was trying to race.

A few of those occasions a cop has been within an ear shot to hear the tires chirp, but never reacted. Now I'm always weary of driving around and a cop thinking I was trying to race someone if some r-tard tries to race me.

If you are going to take your car and video tape yourself to prove that you can't squeal your tires on hard acceleration then you should make sure that you aren't taping on public roads! :-) That might not look so good for you showing it to the judge.

Which is why im hoping someone knows of a technical mechanical layout/diagram/write up about why subaru awd cars cannot spin tires in dry conditions unless they have stupid amounts of power or they are dumping clutch. There were no other cars around me either which is why i dont think its subject to pull me over.

Recently i was pulled over by a cop quoting that i was spinning my tires and accelerating too fast in 1st gear. He issued me this ticket, but could not give me a fine for speeding since it was only done in 1st gear which falls under the speed limit of 30mph. Does anyone have any mechanical technical print outs, or know of a site i can use to argue this in court. This was done on dry pavement and my tires were not spinning, so i'm going to try to fight this one. It is really impossible to spin the tires in these cars unless its on wet/snow conditions.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Jeff -

Where exactly did this happen ? Does the ticket give the exact location ?

Maybe we could get you some digital photos of the intersection and prove that there either are no burn-out marks, or maybe if there are some black marks, that they are the wrong size, and couldn't have been done by your Subaru.

"Accelerating too fast" is a totally subjective judgement. I am not entirely sure what laws there are that apply here. My *guess* is that if you show up to fight this ticket they will drop this charge, especially if you never exceeded thirty MPH. Has anyone in here actually received a similar ticket ?

Jeff I've easily broken all 4 tires loose on dry pavement on summer tires in 35* weather hitting boost exiting a corner, but not plain accelerating in first gear. Unless you dumped the clutch or have more HP than you have now, I don't see it happening like that.

Man cops just love you don't they wtf

yes i can spin tires coming out of a turn and coming into boost when i auto x, but thats when im driving at limits, this was just a good little straight line 1st gear love.

whata buncha bs. This car gets me so many tickets :rolleyes:

You have the perrin exhaust right? Bolt the Stock can's onto the perrin Mid/y pipe. I bet you were getting some attention because of your loud exhaust note :)

• 4 weeks later...
The correct term is "Misuse of power" up in NH... my friend back in HS did a burnout at an intersection, like a moron, and a cop pulled him over for it. I know I can't get my tires to burnout on dry pavement... but I wouldn't want to anyways.

Archived