LegacyGT.com

BOV question

I recommend not getting one as most would.

Get an intake (K&N typhoon was my favorite) if you want more noise. A dowpipe adds to the orchestra quite well too. The combo makes a nice sound.

The typhoon is loud though, but I liked it.

That being said, you probably need a tune for that intake. At least it is a VERY good idea.. your MAF calibration will be off.

A BOV does not improve performance at all and it probably will increase the chance of a boost leak if you do not know how to install it properly...but yes, they sound nice if you run a 50/50 of VTA BOV

With that said, I still went ahead and bought a perrin recirculating BOV. Maybe it is the fact that I want to justify spending the money but I feel a little more oomph at the high end. It is not much, but enough for for it feel like it is holding boost a little better.

I did some datalogs just before removing the stock BOV and I will run some logs soon and compare how well I held boost pre and post BOV install. Most likely, they will look identical..but my butt feels a lil more powa in the high end.

I did some datalogs just before removing the stock BOV and I will run some logs soon and compare how well I held boost pre and post BOV install. Most likely, they will look identical..but my butt feels a lil more powa in the high end.

I did this same thing with another valve and they were identical. I was probably at 19psi peak. I am not sure about performance beyond that.

Archived