LegacyGT.com

Pinks on Bilstiens?

panamajack

[quote name='GTCanada']Opie, what was your source for the front strut mounts and how much $$? Tom[/QUOTE] AVO Turbo World is getting them for me, I believe that once I confirm that they work in the USDM cars, they will be offering the mounts on their site. [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

[quote name='Opie']AVO Turbo World is getting them for me, I believe that once I confirm that they work in the USDM cars, they will be offering the mounts on their site. [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url][/QUOTE] Haven't they arrived yet? I thought they went out Tuesday. Maybe Christmas shipping season is starting to slow down TNT. :( Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

I just ordered the Spec B suspension for my car. Figure for 700 dollars it will probably provide a bit better handling then just going with pinks springs. The spec b seems to do amazingly well on the track in all the videos I have seen (best motoring) beating out cars like the Skyline (g35), Honda Accord (Acura TSX in america), Mazda RX-8, Mazda 6, Altezza (Lexus IS), some Alfa Romeo and others. Beat them all by a lot. It was the Best Motoring #7 (jully 2004)

[quote name='kanoswrx']I just ordered the Spec B suspension for my car. Figure for 700 dollars it will probably provide a bit better handling then just going with pinks springs. The spec b seems to do amazingly well on the track in all the videos I have seen (best motoring) beating out cars like the Skyline (g35), Honda Accord (Acura TSX in america), Mazda RX-8, Mazda 6, Altezza (Lexus IS), some Alfa Romeo and others. Beat them all by a lot. It was the Best Motoring #7 (jully 2004)[/QUOTE] Did you get it from jdmpartstx.com? You beat me , I was going to order it, well I guess $$ goes to EcuTek ;)

[quote name='apexjapan']Haven't they arrived yet? I thought they went out Tuesday. Maybe Christmas shipping season is starting to slow down TNT. :( Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] I got them today Paul! :D Thanks! Definitly a little different looking than the USDM mounts!

So your going to run Bilstien shocks and STI Pink springs. Wonder if their will be any lowering over the stock Spec B Bilstien Strut and Spring setup, I am guessing none, or very little. I saw the post awhile back of the Bilstiens on the black wagon and it looks like it lowers the same as the pink springs on usdm struts lower. I will probably be getting my Spec B suspension end of January, don't know if I will put it on then or wait until spring time. Either way can't wait to hear what you say about your setup.

Yep Bilstein Spec-B's with STi pinks...I certainly hope it doesn't lower it any more, it looks pefect right now! :D I'm gonna try to squeeze them in before Christmas if I can...but I can't promise anything.

Glad they got to you (this is Paul's alter ego speaking ;) ), Opie. I loved the A rev Spec B, although many whined incessantly about the stiffness ;) The B rev is much softer, and not quite the "hoot value" IMHO, but still a mighty good drive for a family sedan/wagon. Hope you like them:D

Glad they got to you (this is Paul's alter ego speaking ;) ), Opie.

I loved the A rev Spec B, although many whined incessantly about the stiffness ;) The B rev is much softer, and not quite the "hoot value" IMHO, but still a mighty good drive for a family sedan/wagon.

Hope you like them:D

Question for Paul's alter ego (or Paul, or anyone else for that matter):

Do you know of anyone using the Tein High.Tech springs on a BL or BP with Bilsteins? If so, what was their review?

TIA,

SC GT (who is contemplating buying Tein H.Techs for some Bilstein struts)

Archived