LegacyGT.com

Are there shots of the new VW Jetta yet?

We were sharing a parking lot at LAX with another film company doing a commercial for the new VW Jetta. I took a couple quick snaps shots with my disposable film camera. They had two cars, both with the new 2.5 liter I-5. If there are pics already floating around, I won't bother posting. If not, I'll get them developed and send them to a mag or two. Thanks.

That's it. And yes, from a distance when I saw the car, I thought toyota came out with a new, larger Corolla. but then the taillights reminded me of the VW Pheaton. But without a doubt, I think VW messed up and pretty much took a car that resembles a BMW 3 series, and made the new one resemble the Corolla. The new Passat looks hot though. And there was the rumor months ago that the new Golf "R" was going to be a 270+ hp R36. Well, with the Passat getting this engine, and being rated at 280 hp, I think we can expect a 2007 Golf R36 with the 3.6 liter VR6 pushing close to 300 hp then. Very nice. But knowing VW they won't give it too us right away and they'll delay it and delay it, and by the time we get it the MK5 Golf platform will be 2-3 years old (2008+) Anyway, that's another story.

Archived