LegacyGT.com

Lightweight stockers

C_randyjones

I am interested in the lightest weight stockers that would look good on the LGT. I know the stock wheels for the 2006 LGT weigh about 20 pounds. Anybody know the weights of any of the WRX or spec B stockers that would look good on the LGT? I am thinking about searching Ebay for some wheels.

17x7.5

Volk CE28N = 12 lbs

SSR Compeitions (or Type Cs or Type RS) = ~12.5 lbs

Enkei RPF-1s = 13.5 lbs

those three are the most notable rims.

Stock is 17x7 at 21 lbs +/- 0.5 lbs which most of the OEM wheels fall under that weight or more. You're just better off getting aftermarket if you are thinking of saving weight.

Keefe

Thanks for the Info Xenonk, I was wondering what would be the relatively lightest rims for our cars. On my last car I noticed a slight but noticeable increase in acceleration simply by going with a lighter wheel/tire set up. Though are those weights for 16s or 17s. Quick search on volks site shows: http://www.wheeldb.com/volk-wheel-weights-p-5486.html

Volk CE28N Forged 14x5.5 6.5

Volk CE28N Forged 15x5.5 7.7

Volk CE28N Forged 15x6.5 8.1

Volk CE28N Forged 15x7 9.1

Volk CE28N Forged 16x7 11.9

Volk CE28N Forged 16x8 12.9

Volk CE28N Forged 17x7.5 13.8

Volk CE28N Forged 17x9 14.8

Volk CE28N Forged 18x8 14.7

Volk CE28N Forged 18x8.5 16.0

Volk CE28N Forged 18x9.5 16.5

Volk CE28N Forged 19x8.5 19.4

And here for Enkei RPF1 17x7.5 is listed at 15lbs: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=3797756808SP

17x7.5

Volk CE28N = 12 lbs

SSR Compeitions (or Type Cs or Type RS) = ~12.5 lbs

Enkei RPF-1s = 13.5 lbs

TireRack has both the 17x7.5 RPF-1 and SSR Comp at 15 lbs... :confused:

Anyway, silver Kosei K1-TS in 17x7 is another option. TireRack lists them at 13.7 lbs.

There are so many 17" rims that are lighter than the stockers. The question is how much are you looking to spend?

Also how wide 7", 7 1/2", 8 and 8 1/2" (not many).

For example:

Bang for the buck - Rota Boost 17 x 8 at 18 lbs for $175.00 (Subydude.com).

You have search. You should find something to your liking.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

IMHO, the Kosei has better bang for the buck. It's $179 for 17x7 13.7 lbs wheel.

I forgot about those. Those suckers are light. :eek: I think the reason I dropped those off of my radar was because they were only 7" wide but definitely most bang for buck if you want the same size as the stockers.

It's like going from work boots to track sneakers.:p

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I forgot about those. Those suckers are light. :eek: I think the reason I dropped those off of my radar was because they were only 7" wide but definitely most bang for buck if you want the same size as the stockers.

It's like going from work boots to track sneakers.:p

They also come in 17x8 but those weights in at ~15.5lbs. I run the 17x8 on my LGT. I also have the Kosei's on my Z. 17x8 front and 17x9 rear.

Thanks for all the input guys. I have been struggling with a stage 2 setup that has not yielded the trap speed that I think it should for my mods and came to the conclusion (with some help) that it may have been my heavy wheels ...24 lbs ones seen in my avatar. I wonder how many of you agree that it could make a difference in trap speed int he quarter?

They also come in 17x8 but those weights in at ~15.5lbs. I run the 17x8 on my LGT. I also have the Kosei's on my Z. 17x8 front and 17x9 rear.

Yeah, I remember thinking your wheels looked nice on one of your post.

Aren't your 17 x 8 Kosei rims darker then the picture in this thread?

Sorry for the jack but those that track their cars claim that on the street you may not notices the difference in rim/tire weight but on the track YES. If you were to lose 5 to 10 lbs on each corner you should definitely see better trap times. I am sure some who track their LGT will chime in.

Thanks for all the input guys. I have been struggling with a stage 2 setup that has not yielded the trap speed that I think it should for my mods and came to the conclusion (with some help) that it may have been my heavy wheels ...24 lbs ones seen in my avatar. I wonder how many of you agree that it could make a difference in trap speed int he quarter?

They will definitely show some improvement in acceleration. Its all about sprung vs unsprung weight and the theories behind rotating masses. If you aren't too keen on physics I recommend you search about it since then you'll get a better understanding.

Essentially the heavier an object is, the more inertia it has thus the more energy is require to push/pull or spin it in the case of wheels. If you take your 24lb rims and go with say the Kosei 14lb rims you cut 10lbs off of each rim 4x10 = 40lbs reduced spinning weight. There are some ratios/equations/estimates that believe that say for every 1 pound you take off on your rims is equal to taking off 4-8lbs from weight above your suspension.

• 2 years later...

Archived