LegacyGT.com

let's play Name My Suspension Problem!!!

TRAC3

so I'm running JDM spec B Bilstiens with STi Pink springs on my 05 LGT wagon. I also have cusco subframe braces.( I believe thats what they're called)

I did recently have to replace the left front strut due to getting hit on the left side. I'm not happy with the way the body shop did the work and aligned the car, and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

back to the problem

my right front suspension is making noise. particularly when the vehicle is cold. it seems arbitrary.

it almost seems as if there are loose bolts on the mounting points of the strut, as it will sometimes make clicking type noises when braking or letting off the brakes at low speeds or when stopped ( similar to a detached brake pad or a loose caliper if anyone has ever experienced that).

it will make noise when the right hand suspension is compressed when the wheels are turned. so hitting an entrance bump or speedbump head on is fine but turining the wheels and going over a bump will produce the noise. and I can feel someting through the body

recently while making a right hand corner at highway speeds, the right front suspension will make a vibrating noise, similar to the tire undulating at high speed....

I've looked at the strut and don't see the oil leak of a blown strut.

there is also sometimes squeaking noise when the steering wheel is turned while stationary. less rarely the clicking.

I haven't had time or know of any good shops I trust to put it on a lift, so I'm relying on you guys to help out.

it's appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same brace. The hole in the brace where the chassis bolt goes thru has a larger diameter than the bolt. Even though we torque the nut down,i wonder if the brace gets pulled side to side during heavy chassis loads.

My car makes a single loud click under heavy cornering transitions.

Archived