LegacyGT.com

SCHUMI is back...

f1anatic

at least for a few days.

I really think he has gotten bored and there are times when he wants back.

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/88504.jpg

Look at these eyes...why so sad ? If this is just for fun and to help the team ?

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/88490.jpg

Oh Michael...please...come back !

His laptimes are here:

Last ones

1 DLR 1'23.119 20

2 SCH 1'24.051 14

3 PAFFET 1'24.086 12

4 KOV 1'24.217 19

5 TRU 1'24.413 16

6 BAD 1'24.574 18

7 HEI 1'24.844 23

8 COU 1'25.032 18

9 KUB 1'25.218 8

10 VET 1'25.881 21

11 NAK 1'26.133 21

12 ROSB 1'26.454 7

13 GAR 1'27.196 21

14 ROSS 1'27.257 8

15 ZUBER 1'27.397 23

16 DAV 1'28.519 8

17 RODRIGUEZ 1'29.503 21

18 CHANDHOK 1'29.729 9

19 BOURDAIS - 11

20 MONTAGNY - 3

11h15

1 Pedro de la Rosa McLaren MP4-22 1:24.158 8

2 Michael Schumacher Ferrari F2007 1:24.605 + 0.447 8

3 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber F1.07 1:24.844 + 0.686 18

4 Kazuki Nakajima Williams FW29 1:26.133 + 1.975 16

5 Heikki Kovalainen Renault R27 1:26.513 + 2.355 7

6 Giedo van der Garde Force India F8-VII 1:27.196 + 3.038 18

7 James Rossiter Super Aguri F1 SA07 1:27.257 + 3.099 7

8 Sebastian Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso STR2 1:27.572 + 3.414 11

9 Andreas Zuber Honda RA107 1:28.274 + 4.116 13

10 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri F1 SA07 1:30.215 + 6.057 4

11 Roldan Rodriguez Force India F8-VII 1:30.554 + 6.396 12

The goal is to test the car without the electronic gizmo, for "comments", not scoring a best time (one year without driving and first experience with the F2007, no wonder).

http://www.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/45509_2.jpg

Obviously...a sticker is nothing for Ferrari...but then...why so much attention to a guy who is simply having fun and coming 2nd (whatever every team is testing) after a year of absence. I bet Michael has driven this car before...unofficially and wearing someone else's helmet, etc.

Oh, keep your panties on, sir. He's probably just testing the car to see if you can ram an opponent off the track without traction control. He can't remember if his 1997 Ferrari had it or not.

:lol:

He's bringing back the Benetton traction and launch control he used in 1994 that was banned that season(Hey if we got away with it 1994 why not 2008!?!). However, was never penalized ;)

:lol:

He's bringing back the Benetton traction and launch control he used in 1994 that was banned that season(Hey if we got away with it 1994 why not 2008!?!). However, was never penalized ;)

And don't forget, he rammed Damon Hill off the track in Adelaide 1994 to win his first championship. How awfully Ayrton Senna/Alain Prost of him!

And don't forget, he rammed Damon Hill off the track in Adelaide 1994 to win his first championship. How awfully Ayrton Senna/Alain Prost of him!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Once you have raced cars, nose to nose, wheel to wheel, watching a race is like watching golf on TV.:lol::lol::lol:;);) I just can't get that vicarious thrill:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Senna was still the best!!!!!!

:redface: If he had been alive, we wouldn't see a lot more other champions I am sure....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I cried like a little girl when Senna died, but I recognized his weaknesses. Prost was as fast in a race (if not qualifying) or faster cz he could set a car up far better than Senna. But if neither could get the car perfect, Senna drove all over Alain. Both were gods but Senna ... oh his commitment made my heart stop at times. Prost simply wanted to live.

I think Schumacher was Senna's equal. He was as fast in a race (perhaps not in qualifying but they didn't overlap enough to know this and qualifying changed so much that Schumi's pole record is kinda meaningless) and just as ruthless defending or passing. Both has the red mist if a championship was on the line (or even just a race). And Alain Prost was perhaps as good or better than both, championship wise, since he knew when to sit back and collect points when Schumi and Senna just went for it out of sheer balls. But the balls made Senna and Schumi far more interesting to watch at times.

But remember Prost in 1984-1986. He was superb.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Once you have raced cars, nose to nose, wheel to wheel, watching a race is like watching golf on TV.:lol::lol::lol:;);) I just can't get that vicarious thrill:lol:

Not me. I still love to watch racing simply becz I love catching stupid ex-racers/commentators making stupid statements. I miss Bobby Unser and Jackie Stewart as commentators for exactly this reason. Both made such bad evaluations of race situations as commentators, it made me seem like a mensa candidate.

I cried like a little girl when Senna died, but I recognized his weaknesses. Prost was as fast in a race (if not qualifying) or faster cz he could set a car up far better than Senna. But if neither could get the car perfect, Senna drove all over Alain. Both were gods but Senna ... oh his commitment made my heart stop at times. Prost simply wanted to live.

I think Schumacher was Senna's equal. He was as fast in a race (perhaps not in qualifying but they didn't overlap enough to know this and qualifying changed so much that Schumi's pole record is kinda meaningless) and just as ruthless defending or passing. Both has the red mist if a championship was on the line (or even just a race). And Alain Prost was perhaps as good or better than both, championship wise, since he knew when to sit back and collect points when Schumi and Senna just went for it out of sheer balls. But the balls made Senna and Schumi far more interesting to watch at times.

But remember Prost in 1984-1986. He was superb.

The Professor was the most calculated of the 3. Indeed, Michael's style actually seemed to shift from Senna's to Prost's as the time went on. But oh well...I had tears seeing Michael back in the saddle and trashing everyone in the last 2 days as well. The old man can still show all of them.

Did you see his best Barcelona lap ? He came within 0.4 seconds of the pole position - at a time of the year when the asphalt is colder (less grip) and more importantly in a car WITHOUT electronic aids.

Michael smiply can not keep up with the physical demands of driving an F1 car race after race. He still has loads of talent, but can not perform consistantly at the level he wants to. I think test driving duties would suit him best now.

Archived