LegacyGT.com

OEM Shift light useless?

Bbc84

The shift light on the tach in I mode seems to tell me to shift earlier when I should. Anyone notice it? I have a 08' LGT 5MT. Sometimes it flashes to tell me to upshift when Im crusing along at 1500rpms. Which would of dropped me down to around 1000rpm in a pretty high gear. Or what Ive been noticing alot is it wants me to shift into 5th gear @ 35mph. that puts my rpms around 1200rpm and the car doesnt feel right at all.

I think it just depends on how much you are on the gas. If you are barely on the gas in any gear, it tells you to shift early, but when you are full throttle, or just giving it more gas, it tells you to shift later. That is just what I think.

I wish that shift light was usable in any mode, like S and S#. Like a few rpms before redline or something.

• 5 weeks later...
the "i" is for information. if your door is open that little i lights up and on the 08' we can hit the i steering wheel button and itll toggle to tell u whats going on. usually door is open or turnk is open.

oh sweet. And you can go Sport# on the wheel to?

yea on lower right side theres a Sport# button by itself, just hit that and itll go into S# right away so u dont need to move your hand to switch at the knob, hit it again and itll go back to the last mode, but it wont cycle through the 3 modes, just S# and your previous mode you were in. Its kinda handy, at first i thought it was redundent because the knob is right next to the shifter, but it really helps if you need to accelrate quickly like a quick

lane change and your in I mode.

I wish I had the S# on my 07 5MT steering wheel. Does this button only come on the 5EAT? Maybe I could retrofit it onto my 07 similar to the volume controls from the Spec B.

EDIT: Word is that when the AP for the 07-08's comes out it will use the shift light in S and S# modes.

I wish I had the S# on my 07 5MT steering wheel. Does this button only come on the 5EAT? Maybe I could retrofit it onto my 07 similar to the volume controls from the Spec B.

EDIT: Word is that when the AP for the 07-08's comes out it will use the shift light in S and S# modes.

The S# button is on steering wheels is on all 08' LGT 5MT and 5EAT (I have a 08' LGT 5mt). And I dont think itll work for the 07. because the button would get in the way of your cruise control stalk. Our crusie control are built in buttons into the steeringwheel.

cuz it's SO hard to reach down and click that little wheel to the right. :lol:;)

Archived