LegacyGT.com

stoptech vs. DBA 4000's

autotech

I need some too Looks like DBAs. Hey Keefe what about just replacing the stock ones. mine are warped.

you could do that too.. but if you are warping, it sounds like you are overheating the rotors and not allowing them to cool properly.

Keefe

you could do that too.. but if you are warping, it sounds like you are overheating the rotors and not allowing them to cool properly.

We've got stock replacements coming soon in blank and slotted. Cheaper alternative to DBAs for those who really dont need the "track" performance of the DBAs.

Of course we still have DBAs for those who want them as well :)

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

http://importimageonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=2206

free shipping for all lgt forum members...

so basically $570 shipped for front + rear dba 4000's and hawk hps front + rear pads

That is an awesome price!!!! I had ordered my pads prior to getting my rotors from ImportImage and i thought I got a good deal on the pads but not as good as 570.00 SHIPPED WOW!!!

I should have waited.

Oh, just opened the rotors they are sweet. Anything to look out for during the install, or is it pretty straight forward.

1248576270_11232007002.JPG.7a53f157ea4425b389ace796afc64400.JPG

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

That is an awesome price!!!! I had ordered my pads prior to getting my rotors from ImportImage and i thought I got a good deal on the pads but not as good as 570.00 SHIPPED WOW!!!

I should have waited.

Oh, just opened the rotors they are sweet. Anything to look out for during the install, or is it pretty straight forward.

[ATTACH]45787[/ATTACH]

We've posted our December specials as well. Happy Holidays!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

• 2 weeks later...
seems to me that hte braking in the snow is worse in the sense that the brakes seem to go to ABS a lot quicker, i may wire a switch in to turn my ABS off. Its like i touch them and its nothing but ABS pulsation

That has more to do with your TIRES than your brakes. I would highly recommend leaving ABS ON in the snow.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

well i rocked my 92SS legacy with bald tires in the snow, and pulled the fuse for those ABS brakes. and stopped so much easier. idk, maybe ill go to parking lot when it snows and try it out there, dont want to take it out in the snow cruising around the first time without ABS.

well i rocked my 92SS legacy with bald tires in the snow, and pulled the fuse for those ABS brakes. and stopped so much easier. idk, maybe ill go to parking lot when it snows and try it out there, dont want to take it out in the snow cruising around the first time without ABS.

Unless your ABS sensors or system is broken, it only engages ABS when you LOSE traction or senses that your wheels are locked.

By disabling ABS, you are effectively leaving it to yourself to modulate brakes and keep the car from skidding at a much slower rate than what the ABS computer can do.

Are you saying it is stopping better with bald tires in the snow with no ABS because the car skids to a stop?

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

well i was just saying that i like the feeling of no ABS to stop rather then having it. My race car is the same way which i love. Im saying i notice a difference this year from last year in breaking in the snow and i thought it was the new brakes (btw, i love the new brakes and def my best mod so far) but im still running on the shitty RE92s...those will go next summer.

that's your tires not doing it's job.. it's just that you probably have better biting pads that just gets you to the limit of threshold braking faster, but you are by no means stopping any shorter.. you must be one heluva driver to feel lock-up and allow lock-up to continue rather than just than normal braking with a added downshift..
Keefe

Keefe, thanks for the excellent tip. Using the 8mm bolts on the radiator bracket to remove the rotors was genius. Just wish I had done it prior to slipping off the hub and hitting the rotor surface with a hammer. They needed turning anyway.:lol: Thing that really sucked was the rotors I was replacing them with didn't fit. So the car is undriveable until I either turn the old rotors or get the new ones replaced.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

• 1 month later...

Archived