LegacyGT.com

Any long-term updates on the MR coilovers?

I'm most likely in the process of selling my ol' 740i Sport, and making my '05 OBXT my daily driver. After 3 years, I've **mostly** gotten used to the numb engagement of the clutch, and can put up with the ACC weirdness, but I'm not sure I can live with the suspension "as is". I believe I can see MR's and some bigger sways in my near future...

Just curious if those of you who've switched to the MR coilovers are still diggin' them, and how they're holding up under "daily driver" usage.

Thanks,

Tim G.

Still like mine. I've been diddling with ride height: probably wind up at 27.5 or 28", measured at the top of the wheel well arch. This is 28"

Ooh, looks nice! I thought I ran across a discussion thread somewhere here where folks were saying the OEM Legacy GT wheels didn't look good on the OB's because of the different offset.....I think they look great on your car.

Thanks for chiming in,

Tim G.

Now that it's gotten colder out, and the motorcycle's put away i drive my obxt w/ the MR coils, and i love it, haven't had any issues at all, i think i have ~ 10000miles on em now.

What kind of bike?

I use them with Nokian WR's.

This is with the coilovers set as they came - about 1" lower in front than the pic above.

OBW_MR_BBS_27.jpg.b8f49d9ede86dbe793b1d5c7f55966c6.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Im running mine in the middle setting with a JDM rear swaybar and couldnt be happier. These things are awesome and really transform the car.

sebberry do you or anyone else remember what the stock ride height was?

Wasnt it around 30 inches from the floor to the center edge of the wheel well?

I measured mine at 30 - 30.5" (can't find the post). I'm now at 28" and very happy with it as I still seem to have plenty of clearance on bad roads and presumably, snow berms. I measured ground clearance at the front bumper and it's 8.5" - plenty for me.

BTW a neighbors stock Legacy wagon (not LGT) is 26.5" to the top of the wheel wells.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived