LegacyGT.com

Retrieving Radio code?

Had to disconnect the battery to clean the terminals so now I need the radio code to make the radio work again. I called the dealership and parts department and service department didn't know what I was talking about? Where do you get the code from ( if you dont have the manual) ?

I'm guessing that you're referring to the activation code for satellite radio. Did you buy the car with satellite radio already activated, or did you start a subscription under your name? If the latter, then you would have been given the code by the sales rep when you subscribed, or you could just call them back and get it. If it was a trial subscription that came with the car, then you'd probably have to call XM or Sirius and have it reactivated (which they might not do for free).

Is the stock XM different from any other XM unit? I have two plug and plays right now and they are activated by the code pulled from channel 1, however that code does not change and once you activate that with XM you are subscribed and that radio will connect to the satelite.

I am curious because I just bought an OEM unit used and don't want to have any trouble, I am assuming once I get it hooked up I'll just turn to channel one and take that subscriber ID and activate it as I have my other XM's

Archived