LegacyGT.com

NE suspension folks feedback request

Beanboy

Since even more power is gonna be hitting the ground with the LGT this winter, figured it was finally time to upgrade suspension.

Since suspension harshness is in a lot of ways personal as to what is acceptable, just wanted to get some opinions from folks who drive on similar roads as I do.

Front runner now is Bilstein HDs paired with JDM Spec B wagon springs.

Distance second are the megan racing outback coilovers.

Interested in getting as close to that magical German car ride that's both firm yet complaint, while maintaining stock ride height for winter/rallycross events.

If anybody with the above setups has any feedback for me, that would be great!

As you are aware this subject is covered ad absurdum elsewhere!

But fwiw, I have JDM Spec B Rev A Bilsteins AND the JDM springs, and I like it very much, but might prefer a tad LESS damping. The Bilstein HD's are probably somewhere between mine and the USDM Spec B Billies, I would guess, so should be good. The JDM Spec b springs I am very happy with, they DO NOT drop the car.

I might also check out the new Race Comp coilovers, they sound great, $1300 for the set, not dirt cheap but a very good deal for the quality, as it sounds to me.

Bah, with all the combos possible with the various JDM takeoffs combined with the Bilstein HDs, finding actual Bilstein HDs paired with JDM Spec B spring reviews seem fairly low, at least I haven't found a direct review yet. Surprised the Spec B springs with Bilstein HDs aren't a more popular combo.

Gotta look harder I guess. Anyway, thanks for the local road review of your particular setup!

Racecomps at max height seem to be lower than stock to boot, a little higher than with pinks, at least some folks are reporting. I need all of the stock ride height I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the MR coilovers on an OBW. I've set the damping close to softest for the cold months. I drive a lot on bad roads, and I'm 54, and I like the improved control and don't find them overly harsh. With the donuts on the LGT they'd be a bit more firm.

You're welcome to stop by and try it for yourself. I live in SoBo, work in Peabody most of the time, but sometimes Westborough, MA or Manchvegas, NH.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived