LegacyGT.com

East Lyme CT Crash

bman

I thought I'd see something here in regards to this. In one of the TV news reports I thought I saw something. I combed the web reports and yes, there was a Legacy involved in the crash.

http://www.courant.com/media/photo/2007-11/33609441.jpg

Here's the whole story

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-crash1104.artnov04,0,3025049.story

Since the car had non-stock rims I wonder if he is a member here?

man i hate when i see semi's do that. always scares me i try to get away from them as much as possible. and subies are tough

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

figured they would add this in.. Good ole CT for ya

"And the fact that she's short may have helped her." Clough also said he was thankful that his wife and Mariani decided to take Mariani's car - an Audi - rather than Samirah Clough's small, lightweight Mazda Protege.

figured they would add this in.. Good ole CT for ya

"And the fact that she's short may have helped her." Clough also said he was thankful that his wife and Mariani decided to take Mariani's car - an Audi - rather than Samirah Clough's small, lightweight Mazda Protege.

I think it's small-car bias, but in truth, would you rather be in a Protege or an Audi (or just about any mid-sized luxury brand car) for a wreck?

She saw John Hampton, 33, of Old Lyme, dazed in his silver Subaru, its passenger-side roof crushed by the rear wheel of the second truck's cab. Martino screamed at Hampton to get out of the car.

"His car was smoking. I thought it was going to explode," she said. "He was kind of passed out. I started screaming louder. `You've got to get out now!'"

Hampton did, and Martino, who has completed an EMT course, helped him across the guardrail to her side of the road. She tried to get him to sit in her car but he told her that he had grease all over him, apparently leaked from the truck's wheel.

John Hampton appears to be an extremely lucky and conciderate person. From the article Phyllis Martino, 41, of Wallingford did an excellent job of assisting the injured motorists.

"It was when I was leaving that I realized I was really lucky," Martino said. "All I wanted to do was come home and hug my son. You realize that, here you are, just driving down the road, minding your own business, and the next thing you know, it's all over."

As for the dispatching job in Foxwoods' engineering division that Martino was to interview for, Martino withdrew her application.

"I don't want to drive that highway every day," she said.

I respect her decision. :)

This was like a warzone.

I was fortunate to get detoured off this early in the day before the traffic really started to backup. A coworker of mine said he was stuck in traffic coming home for over 2 hours, because all the secondary roads were bumper to bumper for miles.

Archived