LegacyGT.com

Outside temp readout

Rexmobbin

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, it's a freeze warning. I've wondered about the accuracy of the temp, being that the sensor is right in front of the radiator.

[quote name='mvigneau']The temperature is pretty accurate. I was driving for more than an hour and drove by one of those bank signs that tell you the temp and they were exactly the same. (33 degrees). And yes, it blinked 5 or so times at startup because it was freeze your balls off cold.[/QUOTE] Where are you from that 33degrees is "Freeze your balls off cold" ? :) Reminds me of all those folks in Seattle who abandon their cars if they happen to get a freak "blizzard" of one inch of snow. ("This weather is undrivable!!" -Allen

Well sweaty balls equals ice at 32 degrees. I live in NH and it gets a lot colder than that but compared to the CA guys, it is much colder. I love when it snows. It snowed last week and I had great fun. Not enough in my opinion and now it is all gone. I wish it would snow more. I want to really see what the AWD can do.

[quote name='jedimaster']Yeah, it's a freeze warning. I've wondered about the accuracy of the temp, being that the sensor is right in front of the radiator.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've found it's not accurate until you get moving for a few minutes and the sensor gets some clean air.

It's [i]19 Degrees [/i]here right now and I'm wishing I was back home in bed. I always forget how ding dang cold the East Coast can get at this time of year. And with the wind straight into your face off the ocean - we're talking major wind "chill". Is supposed to snow this weekend but I'm driving a crappy Impala rental. That should be fun to say the least... heavy car, torquey engine auto with lots of FWD torque steer. Makes me fall in love with Subaru all over again and wish I had asked for the OB that they had at the rental. Saw it as I was driving out of the parking lot. SBT .
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='sduford']It is very accurate as long as you are moving. As soon as you stop it starts rising. Sly[/QUOTE] Makes sense. BTW, the temp was 18 this morning and the washer fluid was frozen again- I'm gonna buy some of that low temp stuff after I siphon the blue stuff out :(

yeah, Jedi, you definetly have some water in there i think, It was single digits when i got to the car this morning in NH and the whole window was covered with thick frost. Hit the fluid switch right away to test this potential problem out, and it went right away with no problems....

[quote name='akm3']Where are you from that 33degrees is "Freeze your balls off cold" ? :) Reminds me of all those folks in Seattle who abandon their cars if they happen to get a freak "blizzard" of one inch of snow. ("This weather is undrivable!!" -Allen[/QUOTE] In Toronto, yes Toronto, Ontario, [b][i]CANADA[/i][/b], they call in the Army when they get more than a couple of inches :lol: Sly

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='D-2.5-GT']yeah, Jedi, you definetly have some water in there i think, It was single digits when i got to the car this morning in NH and the whole window was covered with thick frost. Hit the fluid switch right away to test this potential problem out, and it went right away with no problems....[/QUOTE] Dammit! Bill Kolb strikes again! I haven't put any washer fluid in it since I bought it (kept it clean as a baby's ass all summer long) and now that it's winter, the fuggin' thing is freezing on me. I hope they didn't top off my coolant too :(

Archived