LegacyGT.com

Excessive tire wear.

macconis

I have an ob xt '05' at. Is anyone having a problem with excessive tire wear. I wore out the oem tires at 20k. The rear left was bald. I had it 4 wheel aligned and the new set is about wore out at 28k. I used Cooper Lifeliners in stock size. It has a very high wear rating over 600. Any ideas?:spin:

28k miles is excessive? I'm usually happy if I can get that close to 30k miles on a set of tires :lol:

If you want your tires to last longer, don't push them so much. No hard acceleration, braking or cornering, etc. You've got a heavy(ish) car with power to overcome the tires, so you might not realize it, but you will wear tires faster than other cars you've previously owned.

I have an ob xt '05' at. Is anyone having a problem with excessive tire wear. I wore out the oem tires at 20k. The rear left was bald. I had it 4 wheel aligned and the new set is about wore out at 28k. I used Cooper Lifeliners in stock size. It has a very high wear rating over 600. Any ideas?:spin:

make sure you get zero toe both front and rear. check your tire pressures, running too low or too high will eat up the tires, especially during braking more so than accelerating.

Keefe

First off thanks for the quick responses. Here's the deal. I had my tire guy align everything to specs. The rear right didn't have enough camber adjustment but registered in the green zone. I don't do any hard cornering, hard braking (except for the occasional deer and idiot) or tire smoking. Most of my miles are highway miles. I'm wondering if tightening up the suspension, Sway bars, end links, pucks, braces etc. would help. Has anyone heard of a camber kit for the ob?

If they are wearing evenly, it's not the car - it's the driver and/or tire. Alignment or improper pressure will cause uneven wear, and remember that wear ratings don't mean much unless comparing tires from the same company.

For what it's worth, the RE92's only lasted about 25k on my 05 OBXT.

Archived