LegacyGT.com

CBE Installation - SPT v2

deeslk

It's really not that hard, I promise

you'll need a jack, stands, some sockets and an adjustble/set of wrenches

You may want to consider buying a new gasket for the DP/cat back connection depending on the age/mileage of the car.

take the cans off first, they are the heaviest, then unbolt the rest.

its just bolts and hangers.

EDIT: your stock gasket should be fine since you have an 08.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Thanks, would it be ok to just lift one side of the car to do the work. I have a lift and two stands. I am just kind of nervous having the car on the two front wheels vs two side wheels.

And yep I ordered the DP gasket. Thanks

Ok I got it installed, it is a lot louder than I thought it would be, especially at mid throttle to WOT it is pretty loud compared to stock.

I think it should quiet down or mellow out after about 200 or 300 miles. It can't be louder than my not resonator XO2 Racing catbackwith Perrin mufflers.:p

The change in sound is usually really dramatic at first because the stock exhaust is very quiet.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Mine took a coulpe weeks to mellow out and develop it's deep tone. Over the last 6 months it's gotten to the point where I have to turn the radio off to be able to hear it at stop lights. It's great to be able to roll into the neighborhood after midnight without waking everyone up, but still be able to make some noise at WOT when you want to.;)
Let's kick this pig!

It took about 1.5 hours to install.

Got it from Jeremy - www.thekingofparts.com for $825.

Thanks like you said it is a pretty dramatic change but I hope it mellows out a bit, at midthrottle don't want to attract the wrong type of attention (cops)

It sound great though, the good thing is it will keep me under 80mph on my 78mile hwy drive into work each day, the sound increases quite a bit at a when you are crusin a constant 80mph hwy.

You will find that there is a little drone(cabin vibe) on the highway for quite a while. Eventually, you will find the sweet spot where it becomes almost silent at highway speeds; mine is right around 3K RPMs and actually the faster I go the quieter it gets. The noise level also depends upon outside temp, fuel and your tune. I noticed that mine got much quieter after I installed my header af ew weeks ago.

Here are link to some vids of mine right after install and two weeks later. I'll post a new one with the header soon.

Check these out:

First fire: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=153AZIlHBJs]YouTube - 05 Subaru Legacy GT SPT Exhaust[/ame]

Two weeks later: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=NhbTbKTR0PU]YouTube - 05 Subaru Legacy GT SPT Exhuast[/ame]

From a distance it's not as loud as you think unless you have it floored. It sounds more like a stock V8 than a loud riced out Honda from across the street once it gets broken in.

Let's kick this pig!

If anyone here has an SPT v2, would they be able to measure the clearance from their y pipe to the ground, mine sits what seems to be pretty low. Anywa here are some more pics. It definitely seems louder on the inside vs the outside. Going to put some sound absorbing material in the trunk area.

behin1.thumb.jpg.1e9a2e85920db49339e976b6681fe753.jpg

rear3gt.thumb.jpg.1f8ec1985c1dae132cb4fd793cf2d038.jpg

rear34gt.thumb.jpg.9bab276a0cc1e25e6968175b6f767dcf.jpg

rearside1.thumb.jpg.caa5611d86ac35f0be1bdb2bec0ac627.jpg

Hey if you dont mind one day can you measure the low point of the Y-pipe to the ground. Mine seems pretty low, and could be a problem when move down off my stock suspension. And yeah the sound on the outside is GRRReat

Here are a couple videos of the exhaust.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzI9guqk0Tw]YouTube - SPT v2 Exhaust on 2008 Legacy GT[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16qL-t0sUw]YouTube - SPT v2 on a 2008 Legacy GT drive by[/ame]

How is it inside? Are you only running a CBE? With the AP coming this dec for the 07-08 I was thinking a quiet exhaust and AP would suffice for quite some time on an otherwise stock car....

Didn't sound too loud from the video on the outside. Maybe take a vid from the inside?

I am running only the CBE, pretty much this is about the quietest cbe for our cars. It is definitely a nice loud. Was a lot louder than I thought it would be on the inside. Definitely seems louder on the inside more because the trunk is one big boom box. I have some "b-quiet lcomp" in there, just laid down like a mat. Also plan to put some b-quiet ultimate. If you look in the trunk there are holes in there just plugged with plastic. Took me a couple weeks now but with the b-quiet stuff and time it does not bug me at all now. Plus I have measurable gain and it sounds great low rumble.

Archived