LegacyGT.com

CBE Installation - SPT v2

deeslk

Well let me know how your MRE sounds, the SPT is quieter than the Perrin CBE, Prodrive (mufflers) as well as AVO's CBE

My SPT isn't really that noticable(to others) unless I open it up. And it's even quieter since I put on my UL header.

Let's kick this pig!

qikslvr, I'm not sure what mods you have besides cbe & Headers, but I think part of the difference may be in the 07-08 having a non-catted UP.

I got GTSPEC headers with a 3" cattless UP, Autospeed HFC DP and SPT CBE as well as AEM CAI, Perrin TMIC...

The SPT really isn't that loud at idle or under normal cruising, but when you floor it people will hear it for blocks. I love to open it up while driving below an overpass or in a tunnel just to hear it echoing off the walls.

Let's kick this pig!

I got GTSPEC headers with a 3" cattless UP, Autospeed HFC DP and SPT CBE as well as AEM CAI, Perrin TMIC...

The SPT really isn't that loud at idle or under normal cruising, but when you floor it people will hear it for blocks. I love to open it up while driving below an overpass or in a tunnel just to hear it echoing off the walls.

qikslvr - Is there any interior resonance with the SPT?

It's not so bad anymore. At first it rumbled through the trunk a little on the highway, but it's mellowed with age. Now it's back to where I hear more noise from the DP than the mufflers while cruising. Mine is almost silent in the cabin at 3K RPMs and above with steady speed/pedal now. You can't hear any drone at all with the stereo above 10.
Let's kick this pig!

It definitely seems quieter but I know most of that (outside of the sound deadening) is because I am getting used to it. I can say one thing it is a very low rumble. I can sort of hear\feel it from inside my house when the car is started and my garage is detached from the house. Not loud but low

+1

I can always tell when my wife is home from a drive because you can feel the low frequency rumble as she pulls in the driveway. You can't really hear it, but you can feel it. When the car enters the attached garage; then you can hear it a little. No sneaking out of the house with this exhaust unless you live on a hill and can coast a block down the street before you start it.:lol:

Let's kick this pig!

I just swapped my SPT for a Megan Racing. I'm stock except for the catback. The Megan is quieter by far, up until you hit about 5000rpm's then the megan screams. If you want a quiet exhaust get the megan, I'm happy with the sound. My neighbors complained about the SPT so I had them go in their house while I fired up the Megan and gave it a few revs, I got 2 thumbs up. Now after you add a DP and headers that might change.

EDIT: If you dont mind the louder noise the SPT sounds way nicer. At WOT it does sound like a V8. Heck even the guy down the street that works on corvettes asked me if I had a 305 or 350 in it :)

Archived