LegacyGT.com

opened up the hood scoop, now what to do with it?

pheonix991

I meant ducting the hood scoop to the intake as to "ram" air into the intake :rolleyes: Which, in fact, water would then get in your intake.

Your little cone filter does no "ramming" of air into your intake :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd be surprised. Lot cheaper to do what I did than to get an actualy kit for more money and the same effect.

You live in CA, you only need to convert it back to the stock intake for only a few months during the winter.

True true. Well, I guess while it is the wet season, I'll leave it stock, and fab a ram air for the summer!!!

Anyway, for now, I'll make sure I don't get soap in there and melt the block.:lol:

Thanks guys, you were a big help, and we had some good times laughing at me.

Guest Gitster
You'd be surprised. Lot cheaper to do what I did than to get an actualy kit for more money and the same effect.

If you're saying sucking in hot engine air into the NA engine produces the same effect as a ducted insulated vent filtered right up to the hood scoop then there is no reason to have any kind of intake on this N/A Engine AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh noes you didnt

LOL

I Fing laughed like a maniac while at work and i am not even smoking. That was the funniest crap i have read for no apparent reason. :spin:

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Try this... I added new ram air scoops. Cant get any more ram air then that. Gotta be careful in the rain. I have covers for them right now. I am in the process of making rain deflectors to attach to the back of the scoops to let air in but block direct rain into the intake.

I love your car man. Did you do it yourself? I am really considering this now... That looks soooo good.

Archived