LegacyGT.com

Opinions on H&R springs

Fuji_Heavy

h and r s usually give many cars a very harsh ride,, ive been in one in a wrx,, had em on a acura cl and my buddy with a 328 bmw.. in every car the ride was harsh and unconfortable,, for looks its a great drop but for everyday driving , its a horrible spring for ride quality

I had H&R OEM springs, their lowest drop (.75" on a Honda CRX Si). I put Koni's on at the same time......performance was great for the first 9 months, then went to crap. They sagged to almost a 2" drop and became very choppy. I personally will not buy H&R again. For my LGT, I am going with STI springs.....I don't want a large drop in ride height.

i had H&Rs and Koni's on my 03 WRX, and for nearly two years, i couldn't have asked for a nicer ride. looked perfect, (about 1.5" all around), and with my daily driven settings on the Koni's, the ride was very comfortable, but could be made nice and stiff with a few turns of the knobs.

I had installed them with Bilsteins shocks on my 99 Passat. Te drop ended up being a lot more than expected, even the guys at the shop that ordered and installed them were surprised. They were however, perfectly matched with the shocks in my opinion. I was looking for a slight lowering with a more controlled ride, less leaning and nose dives. The lower drop definitely took that all that away and allowed that car to be a great handler. Never chipped the car but everyone figured with the way it handled it would be able to handle the extra power with no problem. It's always a good idea to do the springs and shocks together. A set that's matched together will perform much better than mixing them up.

Archived