LegacyGT.com

whats goin on with king of imports?? they around?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
same here. i was looking to order some stuff and [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR] the website doesn't work. that's right! [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]POOF![/SIZE][/COLOR]

i ordered the v-limited lip from them, had gotten no word, sent kevin an email, and heres his reply: your lip is at our warehouse in Japan as our next and final shipment is being finalized. We are waiting for a few more things for Subaru to deliver before this ships to us. We expect this in less than two weeks to be delivered to us if customs is not a problem. When it ships to you, we will send you a tracking number. Let me know if you have any questions. Kevin. (dated 11/30/04) so they should be recieving the spoiler this week, and i should be getting it the week after. one thing's for sure, ordering import shit is a pain in the ass. i don't plan on doing it again. waiting almost 2 months for something is rediculous.

[quote name='nendo']i ordered a sport grill from them 2 months ago and still no word, so i emailed em latley and the emails got bounced back to me,, im gettin concerned,, anyone know whats up with them?[/QUOTE]I saw your comment on this in an earlier post and was hoping you had better luck than I did. I ordered the same grill 10/17 and had to follow up several times: the second time on [size=2]11/23 when I found out that my credit card had been billed 5 weeks earlier (when I ordered it). [/size][size=2]At that time he told me that "[size=2]Our japanese distributor is not being supplied in a timely manner by Subaru." The fact that a) the card had been billed when there was no product in the pipeline and b) he made no attempt to inform me of this really bothered me, so I cancelled the order, and was told that my account would be credited 11/25.[/size][/size] [size=2]I'm still waiting on the credit, and now he hasn't responding to email since... :mad: [/size] [size=2] [/size]

Having dealt with Kevin alot over the past few months i can say this: Due to issues with distributers is Japan as well as the value of the Yen and its fluctuation, for the moment what he's selling is all his inhouse products and those which he can get for now. If you noticed, his product line has dropped to a couple dozen items. I too had to deal with waiting on my order, but i can simpathize with him because his punctuality depends on another vendor overseas. I have however recieved every item i've ever ordered from him and i am satisfied with them all. He will be back in the swing of things in a few months.

[quote name='Legacy05GT']Having dealt with Kevin alot over the past few months i can say this: Due to issues with distributers is Japan as well as the value of the Yen and its fluctuation, for the moment what he's selling is all his inhouse products and those which he can get for now. [/QUOTE] I have no problem with that - things happen. BUT, the customer should never be billed for items not sourced and at the [b]very[/b] least should be kept informed of issues. Simple communication makes a HUGE difference in customer satisfaction. Thanks for posting, Legacy, but Kevin should be the one on this board updating everyone on what's going on.

it sounds cruel, but i won't sympathize with anyone over a $500 product. that is a good chunk of $$$, considering that it was a dam peice of plastic that goes on the front. i wasn't even happy baout paying that price, but i did since that lip makes the car look better. i realize i got ripped because this stuff is supposedly OEM and "worlds" better then a 3rd party's version. whatever. KOI cannot act like only one employee is active (I hope they have more then that) and even then, people who ordered are not getting emails about latest status, or at least an excuse as to why it is taking MONTHS to get our product. when you are running a store, online or in reality, customer service is #1. thats a no brainer. i should think that since the items on KOI are much more expensive then anything else one would buy, then the customer would be taken care of a bit more. i learned my lesson not to order from KOI anymore

Guest *Jedimaster*
This is the mark of a bad business. You have things like this to help you choose who to use, or not to use the next time. Personally, I wouldn't buy from KOI because everything on their site, just about anyway, tells you to e-mail or call for pricing. No thanks- I'm ready to buy- tell me how much so I don't have to wait for correspondence. It's sad to see the "King" dethroned, but that's the way it goes- same thing with CC-B. Thier rep is tarnished- I follow their threads on lots of message boards and make sure to tell my story- that way they don't get a fresh crop to ass rip all the time.

I had spoken with Kevin multiple times by phone previous to delivery of my car. When I was ready to order after my car arrived, his answers to my questions were incomplete and emails took days to be answered and even then they were short replies not commensurate with the questions I asked. On the other hand, Paul at AVO took lots of time to answer every question, responding to every email and PM. I placed a fairly large order with him for the same stuff I had talked about with Kevin. The order with AVO had been held up due to the local Subaru dealer taking a bit to get the grille in, but I got an email Wednesday saying the order shipped. All told, less than a month from the time I placed an order on their website to the time they shipped, and my card didn't get charged until they actually shipped a product. I will let you know once I get my stuff in. The first thing I ordered the day I got my car last month, a panel filter I ordered from AVO came to me in four days. That's the way you run a business guys. Now, if I can only get the electrician who came by our house eight days ago to return my calls and emails to give us the quote for the work we want done. Maybe I should get Paul to call him and give him a Business 101 class. :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
Good point on teh opposite end of the spectrum with AVO- they know how to do things- no bullshit, whiny ass excuses or lack of communication. Paul gets my thumbs up :)

kevin is a great guy, works really hard on getting this stuff for us... people who haven't gotten emails---- dont worry hes trying to figure out his bussiness right now cuz the yen compared to the US dollar sucks from what he told me last time, catch him on AIM...

Hey guys! No need to hunt us down, we are right here. We are not another CC-B. I guarantee that! I am concerned that some of you had sent us emails that have bounced or gone unreturned. We have no intention of abandoning you or your orders. The site has disabled links because the YEN appreciated 15% against the dollar wiping out any built in profit based on our website prices. As a result, we disabled those links related to JDM parts so we did not have to worry about losing money at the inferior exchange rate. Unlike what many might believe, we do not make a ton of profit. Its a tough business with a small profit margin. Because these items were being imported, there are things beyond our control in the process. I apologize that we cannot do anything to make it faster when it gets bogged down as it has. From here on out, we have only listed on our website [url]www.kingofimports.com[/url] the things we have in stock to prevent any sort of waiting period should we choose to resume importing on a larger scale. If any orders are not included in this final shipment (we have ceased accepting and placing orders for new JDM parts with Japan), we will either issue a refund or have the item shipped direct. Right now I have been told the latest shipment was expected to leave Japan today. I still have yet to receive an invoice, so I cannot confirm anything. As soon as the parts arrive, they will be shipped out to you or shipped directly to you from Japan. If I recall correctly, we were told the side strakes were likely coming in this week and would be shipped accordingly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you as it was never our intention for you to experience this delay. Certainly, the special order issue and related delay between order placement and shipment will be a factor that we will seriously consider in the event that we resume importing JDM parts in the future. However, at this time, we have no interest to resume importing JDM products for a variety of reasons. In fact, as the stock level of our current inventory is depleted, you will less and less of King of Imports on the forums. We feel very lucky to have been able to offer various JDM products and information on some of the more unique JDM parts. It certainly has been a pleasure serving the forums and we look forward to more opportunities like it in the future. Kevin King of Imports, LLC

[quote name='nendo']well is my sport grill on there?????? if i know my grill is comin i dont want to cancel my order and do u have a realistic time frame it will get to me here in vancouver?? its been just over two moths already[/QUOTE] [quote name='kevin@kingofimports.com']Right now I have been told the latest shipment was expected to leave Japan today. I still have yet to receive an invoice, so I cannot confirm anything. [/quote] I think that says it right there... so if you have an order pending, these are the following possibilties If its on the current shipment: 1. The shipment is supposed to leave Japan today and it will be shipped to you when it arrives at KOI. If it is not on the current shipment: 1. It can be shipped to you directly from Japan rather then going to KOI first. 2. If you'd rather not wait any longer, KOI will refund your $$. As far as getting a hold of Kevin for specific issues or concerns, your gonna probably have the best luck by E-mail, Kevin isn't surfing the forums like he used to. I know i have no affiliation with KOI but just thought i'd throw that info your way.

Archived