LegacyGT.com

To an '05+ LGT from an '00 RS. Thoughts? Who's done it?

Siper2

True.... but since I'd rather have a shop do it so it'd be a clean install and would work without question, an STi swap including the brakes and tranny is like $12K right now.

Sure it's faster but... I'd prefer the LGT honestly. $12K won't turn my RS into a nicer, bigger, safer, newer wagon. :D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about who gives a shit what color car he gets and whether its a girls or a guys color?

The topic is about trading an RS Impreza for a new LGT.......

Easy now. We've had exchanges before when I saw his add on rs25.com so I figured I'd give him a ribbing.

Do it! Sounds like you've already kind of decided you want to provided your house thing doesnt pan out.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if my wife was a doctor with her own practice, I wouldnt want to be seen driving around town in an Impreza, but thats just me. I know a car is a car, but I'd like to be seen in something more upscale, at least as upscale as a legacy. Just my 2c.

Go Cardinals!

Haha. :) Well I have no shame in my car, I just feel like I'm a little beyond it. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money I'd swap the snot out of it, AND have an LGT for daily driving. A GC RS with a monster STI swap is one hell of a car.

But....

It's also a second mortgage. :D

I understand completely where you are. I just (last Friday), sold my 02 PSM WRX Wagon and bought a 2005 SWP Legacy GT Wagon. The LGT is so much more in every way. I guess and this will make me sound old, but the LGT is more civilized and easier to drive, day in and day out. Gone are the hollow doors and all the road noise. I love the 2.5RS but the LGT is easier to live with, and is much larger. It was sad to see the WRX go, but I've gotten over it pretty quickly...:)

I went from a 2000 RS with a JDM WRX engine to an 05 Legacy wagon. The only thing that I miss about the RS is the fact it was easier to throw around cones. The Legacy still moves around the cones, but it is ~500 pounds heavier than my RS was. The Legacy is much more refined, and a better car for someone who wants the performance and utility.

I traded my wagon in on a Spec B last December, and I just wish that it had come in a wagon. :) Here's a video of my Spec B at an auto-x: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kLCLImiBJg]YouTube - Verona Auto-x 10/21/07[/ame]

I went from a 2000 RS with a JDM WRX engine to an 05 Legacy wagon. The only thing that I miss about the RS is the fact it was easier to throw around cones. The Legacy still moves around the cones, but it is ~500 pounds heavier than my RS was. The Legacy is much more refined, and a better car for someone who wants the performance and utility.

I traded my wagon in on a Spec B last December, and I just wish that it had come in a wagon. :) Here's a video of my Spec B at an auto-x:

Great course. Nice and long! Great driving, too!

Good run, J.R., I posted a comment for you. :D I haven't autocrossed since '00 or '01, been a long time. That was at NHIS when I used to live in NH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Siper2/Subaru%20Impreza/DSC01285.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Siper2/Subaru%20Impreza/DSC01287.jpg

:D

Good run, J.R., I posted a comment for you. :D I haven't autocrossed since '00 or '01, been a long time. That was at NHIS when I used to live in NH.

:D

I remembered you talking about auto-xing from the other board, figured that may play into your decision.

unclemat - Thanks. It was a very fun course :)

It's really fun and a great way to learn, but unfortunately I just don't have much time. Most of the events in the clubs occur in the MD/VA area, though not all. A bit of a hike for a day event, plus getting my wife's schedule to coordinate. She likes to go to car events with me so I try to bring her when I can. She's a business owner and I work too, so we're crazy busy. And no kids yet!!! We'll have to hire a nanny or something. :D

Yeah I always lean toward private sales on forums, as it's a much better chance of getting a car that's been cared for. If it's been raced, you know it because you post with these people. :p

One thing I don't want to give up is the aftermarket audio, since LGTs are so tough to do new head units with. But, the factory 6-disc is nice, and I can swap out speakers for starters. Already have them picked out. ;)

im soon to purchase an 05 LGT and the stereo was hurting me inside as well but with the Rockford Fossgate 3sixty. it runs your stock radio as a line out and then has RCAs to run to your amps for a regular stereo setup. Ive always had alpine decks since i got my lisence but I think this will sufice, worth it for the nice nice car. Will be nice actually having an in dash 6cd changer. Im going to swap it with the VDC outback one so I have a 6CD MP3 cd changer. I crashed my 300M and have the full stereo equiptment so i want to put it in and that should do it without doing custom fiberglass and a car PC in the navi area or splitting the board on the stock deck/AC. I can do fiberglass but dont feel like spending the time at this point in time. what stereo do you have? Honestly if selling your 2.5rs other than the deck which you cant use you wont get your money if you have good stereo equipt, take it out and save it for your new ride. Even expensive amps, unless selling them to people you know who know they are new and work well, people wont pay crap for them used cause you never know. So what equiptment do you have

I have memphis M class components (with kevlar woven woofer cones) with Memphis crossovers. 200 watt kicker ZX 4 channel speaker amp, 1.5 farad capacitor, 15" Kicker L7 woofer (square one) with a 500 watt memphis D class woofer amp. Also have two 12 inch orion woofers with a 700 watt kicker amp. I had all three in the chrysler but will just run the 15 in the Legacy. The 12s are monsters really. Older but got them from my brother who got them from a friend of his. each one has a 32lb magnet and can take 1000 watts RMS 2000 peak. Probably going to build a custom box for the L7, put it to the left side of the trunk so I can still use the ski opening in the arm rest. I love stereos

My audio is all pretty old, but:

Front components: Boston Acoustics RC61 (bought in '99, had in 2 cars--they're in nice carpeted kick panels)

Rear coax: DEI HE-1062 (bought in '98, had them in 3 cars)

Amp: Alpine MRV-F353 (five-channel; bought for my RS in '00)

Mid-grade Monster Cable

The HU as I said is an Eclipse CD-8053, which is a non-powered, all-digital unit from model year 2003 in their lineup, IIRC.

Keep the RS, GC8 FTW. If I could trade my Spec. B for my old GF8, I would in a heartbeat. You don't really need a new car, just save up after swapping for a new one and keep your GC forever. I really really regret getting rid of my GF8.

"More fun." No stress, just helping out. :D

I love boost too. And I've only driven a few turbo cars, all of them stock WRXs or LGTs. Never owned one.

I know I'll be addicted.... quickly!

Too bad you aren't closer, I'd show you what the 05+ LegacyGT should have been from the factory. Then I'd let you take it for a spin... just remember the first drive is free but after that, you have to buy the car. :)

Archived