LegacyGT.com

Injen Installed - Next, requesting info on Borla Exhaust and Headers please

Last weekend I was able to get an Injen CAI (RD1222) installed on my wife's car. Thanks to JayMitch and others for this information and idea. We've already put over 100 miles on it and all is well. I did notice that moisture easily gets into the filter head area. I've also gone with the Injen Hydrashield so hopefully that will keep it dry. I'll try to get some pics up.

Although the intake is nice, wife is asking for more. Seems with the 2.5i, intake power gain is marginally noticeable. I'm driving an A4 with a turbo back Borla exhaust. I've been very happy with its tone and gains. I'm considering the Borla header and exhaust on the Legacy. Could I get some info on places to shop for this setup? I'm finding some posts stating Outback and Imprezza models could also fit the 2.5i. Is this true? Specific model numbers would be helpful.

Thanks!

2005 2.5i (non pzev)

www.boxer4racing.com has what you would be looking for...if you don't have PZEV that is. Lucky you have an 05, as the Borla header should fit with little issue. Not sure how the Borla CBE would sound on an 05 NA though. I know on mine it was horrible and droned after a week. It might be a different story with unequal length headers? :confused:

Either way, best of luck and definitely post up pics and sound clips!

yah, the replicas are a very good value, well made etc.

i did have to get the fit tweaked a bit for the power steering line but the installers at a very reputable exhaust shop were suitably impressed with the materials and finish on the header (thick walled, good quality)

OK I'm going to give you a honest opinion of Borla......

WORTHLESSPIECEOFSHITCOMPANYWITH2NDRATESHITFORPRODUCT

Forum version.....

Look elsewhere;)

...and if that doesn't satisfy your needs, try JSCspeed for the borla cbe.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

wuki-

are you complaining about borla in general or about the specific legacy application? Like I mentioned before, I am currently using it on my other car and I think they make great products. I've also used Borla on my old nissan many years ago and I was happy with that as well. They have a nice warranty too, if components like the flex pipe go bad, they'll replace it with a new one.

My experience w/ Borla header so far is good at mid/high end of the power

which means you can feel it strongly after passing 3500rpm.

The only problem while installing the borla is that it will have a direct contact w/ the steering cable just like other members mentioned on the forum.

Since my friend installed for me and didn't have the tools to bend the header to avoid the direct contact, I now still have the header and cable kissing together.

Might go to a muffler shop to bend the header this coming weekend.

Anyway, I think it's a fairly good part for our NA group.

BTW, my mpg achieved 31 if I drive gently:rolleyes:

Archived