LegacyGT.com

The curse from Enthusiast

tommypenguin

DJ said he got his in Vegas and speeding ticket fines fluctuate between counties and definitely states, zoning is factored in also if I'm not mistaken.

I agree...I think anytime you get a ticket out of state they always bump the fine up to the next level because they know you probably would not be able to come back to the state to appeal the ticket in court. Plus, Vegas does not have any state income taxes so they have to find other ways to get income for the city.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a $60 parking ticket for not having a front license plate ~4 years ago in Denver. That was the suck. Prettymuch the only time I got gayed by a cop, though. All the Springs cops have let me off the hook -- and always in a situation that looks very bad for me.

Welcome to Douglas County, Colorado. Where the government is ALWAYS right and you have no rights unless you are related to a county official.

Look at it this way, poeple who live in Highlands Ranch get tax breaks out the wazoo from Parker and Castle Rock residents so I feel sorry about the ticket but the county has to make up for budget deficit some how.

I'll shut up now and be quiet!

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had my court date today over ticket #1. I talked to the DA, explained the cop was a d-bag and that I had my insurance. The DA actually gave me a little sympathy, dropped my no proof of insurance ticket and no front plate. He also plea bargained down the speeding to a two point ticket. I was still pissed I had to take off from work to come down but whatever....

For ticket #2 I mailed it in earlier this week, took the plea bargain.

Ticket #3, I called today on the HOV ticket, got that dropped because I've never had a toll or HOV violation. Explained the situation, still costs me 8bucks even thought it was dropped.:lol:

No matter what, the state is getting paid. I got my first ticket one month ago today, so hopefully this new month will be an era of peace for my driving.

^ Wasn't going fast at all. The Statie didn't like a quick manouver I pulled to get around a left lane hog. He said he paced me for 10 minutes and clocked me going 75. I got passed a couple of times in that stretch and had the CC on @ 72 as per GPS like usual. The normal flow of traffic on that tollway is 75-80 w/ speed limit of 55. Is was technically speeding but it was the move that he took offense to.

The car is too nice for that tacky plate-on-the-dash mod.

Can you just put the license plate on the dash, or does it 'have' to be mounted on the front bumper? I don't have the holes drilled out on my front bumper for the license plate and don't really want to do it, not to mention I think the car looks better w/o a license plate on the front.

Ya it is too tacky, and the fact there's a chance if ever in a wreck the plate could fly off and do some major damage to me or my passengers. Not a good option.

Since I didn't have to pay for the fine on the front plate, I will leave it off, I had never had a problem been w/o a front plate for the past 3-4 years with my other cars. If I do ever have to pay I will re-evaluate the situation then. For now, my bumper stays virgin, there's no holes drilled for a license plate bracket and I would like to keep it that way.

Two more things to add...

If you park in Denver, especially lodo, etc, and you park at a meter you WILL get a ticket. I got ticketed for that a couple times ten years ago and then again 2 months ago.

My friend from LA sees value in not having the front plate, even though it can bring you attention/tickets. His rationale is that if you are driving offensively (speeding, aggressive, whatever...), and then you are cool and respectful for the cop, then he might let you off on a lesser charge. The lack of front license plate, so says my friend, is a real nice convenient legitimate charge that can used as an 'on-the-street-plea-bargain'. Anyhow, my plate is staying on.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived