LegacyGT.com

NOOB Question about 1994 Legacy Oil Change?

LV-426

Hi all, New to the forum. I'm helping my friend tune up his 94 legacy "L" automatic. We did an oil change but a funny thing happened...

We put the oil in but nothing ever showed on the dip stick.

We put about 4 quarts in but the dip stick was bone dry? We started the car and let it run for a min and still nothing.

Is there something I am missing?

The reason we did this at all is because his roommate changed his oil but didn't put a new filter on and put way too much oil in. It was way way past the full line on the dip stick. But I'm confused because after we drained the oil we put it back in, only to fill it up to the proper level, but nothing ever came up on the dip stick. So we are just about to put the same amount of oil in it as it was when it was totally overfilled?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I can a head scratcher for you....

My friend with the 94 legacy L called me up and said his car was running really rough, so I went down and checked it out. Turns out one of his spark plugs had worked itself loose and popped out. So he was running on three cylinders.

Anyways, we got new plugs and put em in and everything with fine. Well now he's saying it's acting weird again.

What would make a spark plug want to pop out like that?

Someone may have stripped the threads on that cylinder. I couldn't imagine any other reason why it keeps working itself loose. Maybe the wires are bad as well. It could be a different reason why its running crappy.

Archived