LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket mid/y-pipe(perrin/cobb/avo) with prodrive cans. What's the verdict?

whitetiger

the piping to the prodrive mufflers from the Y pipe-muffler connection is stock sized. dunno if that matters, but one of the reasons why i decided to just go full catback.
car for sale. PM me!

I searched and cant find a definitve answer. Is it loud, is it quiet? any sound clips? Anyone have this setup? please chime in.

I read somewhere here that it is loud, he sold his cans and used stock with aftermarket Y. I have Prodrive cans, stock mid & Y, Cobb catted DP. It is just perfect for my liking.

I have a feeling that ANYTHING, that is less restrictive than stock cans, will result in droning on the Perrin system. I was searching regarding the prodrives when I let my Perrin cans go, and I believe someone stated that. Hell, the car is fairly noisy in the cabin when decelerating in like 1st or 2nd with stock cans...it would just be moreso with something that has a straight through design. That being said, I am interested in teh results. I do want something louder, just with no drone. I also don't want to remove the Perrin Mid/Y-pipes either :)

^exactly where im at right now. Plus i like the way the prodrive cans look. I just dont want them to sound like i have no exhaust at all. Ive heard the full perrin exhaust and thats too loud for me, but i want to know how much quieter if at all the prodrive can will be on the perrin system.

^ I do not think so. I think the Prodrive inlet tube a bigger than stock Y pipe.

inlet is 2 inches on the prodrive.

is that larger than stock?

i guess it doesnt matter all that much seeing as how the total area is pretty large (both sides combined).

i just thought it woudl be better to get some kind of integrated setup with equal sized tubes all the way thru.

car for sale. PM me!

inlet is 2 inches on the prodrive.

is that larger than stock?

i guess it doesnt matter all that much seeing as how the total area is pretty large (both sides combined).

i just thought it woudl be better to get some kind of integrated setup with equal sized tubes all the way thru.

It is slightly larger than stock. Stock is 1.78".

I too am looking for equal sized tubes, so I need rear cans that are at least 60mm, preferably 2.5". Trying to do a franken-hybrid exhaust with perrin pipes and avo cans, or perhaps HKS cans. If this doesn't work out for me, I might try the Megan single tip CBE. :spin:

The Prodrive cans have a 2" opening, while the y piping you mentioned all are 2.5" at the rear. Previous reports of this combination on a wagon still resulted in droning unfortunately.

Edit: did not read lawl's post

it will always be louder in a wagon relative to a sedan.

Archived