LegacyGT.com

E-mail survey about future premium Subaru systems

nKoan

You know I think its great Subaru is thinking about putting better audio in the car but the way I see in the end its a wate of money. Anyone that really cares about having good audio is going to replace the factory stuff with aftermarket anyway.

What they really should be thinking about it making their HU with pre amp outputs and multiple aux in lines.

You know I think its great Subaru is thinking about putting better audio in the car but the way I see in the end its a wate of money. Anyone that really cares about having good audio is going to replace the factory stuff with aftermarket anyway.

What they really should be thinking about it making their HU with pre amp outputs and multiple aux in lines.

+1. That would be the way to differentiate to an enthusiast market. It wouldn't be the way to maximize revenue though.

It would be interesting to see the stats for car sales--how many people choose upgraded factory stereos and what the additional profit is.

Guest heightsgtltd

Agreed, a choice is better than no choice.

I think the issue is the associated cost should justify the upgrade and type of equp. offered, not just a choice for something different that costs alot more.

it would also be nice if it's not a proprietary thing....bespoke wiring harness, etc. MINI offers the HK option (crap! and diff body harness). there's a better DPSM option (Digital Power Sound Module)....dealer installed with the normal non-HK stereo. That means it's poss to retrofit if you want and it sounds 10x better than stock. About $1800/installed, but engineered for the MINI by European aftermarket company

it would also be nice if it's not a proprietary thing....bespoke wiring harness, etc. MINI offers the HK option (crap! and diff body harness). there's a better DPSM option (Digital Power Sound Module)....dealer installed with the normal non-HK stereo. That means it's poss to retrofit if you want and it sounds 10x better than stock. About $1800/installed, but engineered for the MINI by European aftermarket company

Have you heard the H/K in the new Mini???

:eek:

I think the H/K stands "Helen Keller"

I have a problem with some of their ways of doing things.. Nascar, drag races, and loud, crappy sounding music... (like iTunes and it's crap SQ)

have you ever ridden in a real NASCAR car on a track or driven a really fast car at a dragstrip? then you are being close minded and should not comment on things you have no clue about. you need to look at the history of both and maybe you will learn something other than your preconceived ideas. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Guest heightsgtltd

I dunno Bosco.

I have never ridden in a NASCAR track on a track or otherwise, and I am not a fan.

Drag racing on the other hand I like! :evil:

I dunno, I just find that many things that Americans do lack refinement and quality.. I'm not saying other markets are perfect, but I get that sense from American manufacturers more than I do from European or Japanese ones.

People here seem to settle for second-rate a little too often, IMO.

your correct you "dunno" much and most likely never will. :rolleyes: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Have you heard the H/K in the new Mini???

:eek:

I think the H/K stands "Helen Keller"

yeah (see my comment from the previous post)....it's bad, bad bad. problem is if you order it....the car comes wired for it and you can't roll back to the basic stock setup or DPSM. that's my point for Subaru....don't make things proprietary unless the system kicks ass.

MINI offers the HK option (crap! and diff body harness)

Guest heightsgtltd
I have my issues with some of the things that go on in this country, but last I checked, my Subaru was made in USA :lol:

Why not McIntosh... they already have all components in JDM. It's double-din and separate from the HVAC controls. Just plug and play.

But that would make too much sense.

Why not McIntosh... they already have all components in JDM. It's double-din and separate from the HVAC controls. Just plug and play.

But that would make too much sense.

Seriously! One of my friends just got back from Japan not too long ago. Before he left, he stopped by Subaru headquarters and picked me up a Legacy brochure. The black McIntosh system is unbelievable! 14 speakers I believe, must be some great sound stage.

Link to the site

http://x46.xanga.com/28ec165766330151413839/b112890621.jpg

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

• 4 weeks later...

I got a survey from SOA marketing about the audio system, as well as high end options.

From the way the survey was done, it appears that Harmon Intl. is courting them (JBL or HK labeled system).

I completed the survey, and then followed with an extensive, long, detailed letter to the VP about where SOA dropped the ball to this point (read as left money on the table by neglecting the consumer).

Curious what the boards general response was.

Mine was the name brand isn't nearly as important as the end result (think the early BOSE/GM systems, or the many versions of Infinity offered by Chrysler).

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

embarassed....

My big concern on the whole integrated audio/HVAC comes from nightmares in Mobile Electronics from the domestics.

Thinking Riviera CRT based Audio/HVAC - now obsolete due to parts NLA

Thinking Berlinetta Camaro - Turn Signal & Audio system obsolete - Parts NLA

yeah, how'd you like to fix your turn signal by replacing the entire steering column and respective harnesses, then fix your radio by replacing the entire dash/console assembly - What a great idea GM.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived