LegacyGT.com

Diagnostic charges for warrentied car?

Canon20D

I think the dealership should pay the diagnostice fee only. This is only for the simple fact when i bought my used suby at a suby dealership and was haggling prices, they told me they can knock off 500 bucks if i didnt have them inspect the vehicle which was necessary for the 65k warranty. So basically what im saying is when u purchase those warranties they are "supposed" to inspect your vehicle and the issue should have been mentioned at that time. Sorry to get this thread all heated again but that just my .02

lol not really heated but no they are not "supposed" to do anything just because you bought a warranty the only true obligation a dealership has when they sell a used car is make sure its roadworthy and even than that is all up to the definition of said dealership. thats why atleast in florida there is a warranty sign/sticker/poster in used vehicles and that customers signs thats states a.) the customer understands that if there is an mfr warranty left they must go to a mfr authorized repair facility (dealership) or that there is no warranty and the customer will be responsible for anything after it leaves the lot. I know the next point that may come about is, yeah but what if you buy an extended warranty? Well that is from a warranty/finance company and no where in the used car extended warranty papers does it state this car has been inspected to make sure it is free of defects.

oh and canon good for you

whats there to argue???? and y is it pointless? I mean if you have a comment go ahead and trhow it out there if there is something wrong in my train of thought I would like to hear it also if you need to be pointed in the write direction thats fine also

Archived