LegacyGT.com

Got my Enkei wheels and Pirelli tires put on...

Driver72

What did you do with the originals? I replaced my Re92's after 1,000 miles. Now I'm thinking of wheels, in which case I'll put the Re92's back on the stock wheels and sell them. Does anyone know how to ship tires and wheels and what the cost would be? I've seen this question before but haven't seen any answers. Selling locally would probably be difficult.

[quote name='sgl']What did you do with the originals? I replaced my Re92's after 1,000 miles. Now I'm thinking of wheels, in which case I'll put the Re92's back on the stock wheels and sell them. Does anyone know how to ship tires and wheels and what the cost would be? I've seen this question before but haven't seen any answers. Selling locally would probably be difficult.[/QUOTE] I think most rims and tire online websites charge about $50 for ground shipping anywhere in the US. At least that's the average price. Each tire and rim combo for ONE is about 40 to 50 lbs. (depending on the wheel and tire weight). So you figure you are shipping anywhere of 160 lbs to 200 lbs worth of stuff. You can cut out two pieces of cardboard that covers the sides of the rims and side walls of the tire, and wrap the tire in packing tape (it's how [url]www.tirerack.com[/url] and [url]www.wheelmax.com[/url] ships their wheels and tires to you). UPS can deliver it for you or FedEx. Which ever is cheaper for you. I usually sell locally, and for things that I can't sell, I might as well beat the heck out of the tires and use them myself, cuz obviously it's "worthless" to people if they are not going to shell out even $25 a tire for them. It NEVER hurts to have additional rims ;) never know when you get a bent rim or need a full size spare, especially with AWD cars (ie: need to have a very close overall tire diameter for all 4 corners, or you'll give the differentials a real work out driving on the donut and such). Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='sgl']What did you do with the originals? I replaced my Re92's after 1,000 miles. Now I'm thinking of wheels, in which case I'll put the Re92's back on the stock wheels and sell them. Does anyone know how to ship tires and wheels and what the cost would be? I've seen this question before but haven't seen any answers. Selling locally would probably be difficult.[/QUOTE] I sold my stock RE-92's on the stock wheel. Going rate for them with about 1000 miles on it is $750-800 Too ship, it's easy. tape foam or bubble wrap to the face and back of the wheel. Then take a cardboard cutout and sandwich the wheel and tire between the two pieces of cardboard. Tape the heck out of it, then wrap it in that "saran wrap" like stuff, add some more tape. That's it. Ship it that way. Shipping costs will be pretty significant. Depends on where they are going. But the wheel/tire combo weighs 42.5 pounds. With all the wrapping it's about 43.5 pounds. Thanks for the compliments on the wheel choice guys. It's funny I never realized it but, all I'd have to do is add a little trunk lip spoiler and my car would look like the one on the top of the forums.

Nice. I like the look- almost like this website pic (minus all the STi stuff!) I have the same car- thanks for the pics. I think I'll try to get the same rims. I agree with the others though- a little drop would make it look nicer but not ricer. Better handling too! tom

tom :)

• 3 months later...
[quote name='02BlueFirehawk']all i could find was on 1010tires, and they say the 5x100 17x7 wont fit a legacy. say the 48 offset is too high? wtf mate.[/QUOTE] 48 offset for 7.0 should be fine...don't listen to the fool, mate :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Actually.....48 isn't enough, ideally. It will work, but that is a stock size wheel. Stock offset is 55 or 57, right? Call it 57 for a worst case scenario - 9mm. That works out to 11/32 - not enough to make a huge difference for many people. That being said - I had 18x7.5 with ET48 and thought the front wheels didn't tuck enough for my taste. That's about twice the issue you would have with a 7" with ET48.

Archived