LegacyGT.com

What do you do about the passenger seat belt rattling against the B Pillar?

I find that you have to rotate the seat belt buckle to sit flat against the pillar. When a person uses the front seat belt it seems to always rest at 90 degrees to the b pillar and this causes the side of the buckle to tap against the plastic of the b pillar.

Just rotate it to sit flat.

I find that you have to rotate the seat belt buckle to sit flat against the pillar. When a person uses the front seat belt it seems to always rest at 90 degrees to the b pillar and this causes the side of the buckle to tap against the plastic of the b pillar.

Bingo. Happened in my 98 LGT and my 07 LGT....both solved by above quote.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I don't quite get this. My belt is laying flat against the piller, shiny part facing the seat. Are you saying I SHOULD rotate it 90 degrees?

i slid mine all the way down (the little lever so you can adjust it for height of the person) i noticed i dont hear it as much i guess since the wind isnt hitting the strap as easily. it worked for me and its worth a try

BTDT. Happens without the windows open also.

BTDT. Happens without the windows open also.

Man, sounds like you have a stubborn buckle.....velcro it to the B-pillar. Variety of colors, a 3 yr old can do it and its easily replaceable. There's your solution.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Man, sounds like you have a stubborn buckle.....velcro it to the B-pillar. Variety of colors, a 3 yr old can do it and its easily replaceable. There's your solution.

That's the most useful solution I've heard so far.

BTW, this only started happening after I disabled the seatbelt alarm, lol. Karma?

Another pet peeve. How hard would it have been for Subaru to put some kind of flocking inside the glovebox and cubbies so that things in them (wheel lock key, EZPass, etc. don't make so much noise banging around? Just plain cheap.

That's the most useful solution I've heard so far.

BTW, this only started happening after I disabled the seatbelt alarm, lol. Karma?

Another pet peeve. How hard would it have been for Subaru to put some kind of flocking inside the glovebox and cubbies so that things in them (wheel lock key, EZPass, etc. don't make so much noise banging around? Just plain cheap.

Flocking? :lol: Like Flock of Seagulls? ...ugh, I was going to post a picture, but they are all hideous!

Anyway, why not stuff some fleece in their that matches your interior? Or maybe attach some felt to the inside of the compartment?

Well, if flocking is like felt, why the heck would PUTTING felt in their be any different than if it came that way from the factory? (Other than the fact that you're having to do this?)

I keep my wheel key rolled up in a clean shop rag and keep a couple more in there just in case I need one. That pretty well keeps everything from sliding and rolling around.

I swear my passenger side seat belt has always hung over the side of the seat and has never rattled. I think the slider is all the way down and the seat stays fairly upright and about 3/4 of the way back most of the time. This probably won't work with the seat slid all the way back or reclined though.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived