LegacyGT.com

Questions about AFR

I have searched but could not find the answer I need. I have been datalogging using the ECU explorer software and recently told a local tune shop that my AFR reads 11 at WOT. They were adomant that that was way too rich and that I needed to shoot for AFR of 12 or 12.5 at WOT and that I needed a retune. On the other hand I have been told by PDX that the factory sensors can only read the AFR acurately to 12.5 or so. What are you guys getting for the AFR and is it bad that I am getting 11 at WOT, it ranges from 24 to 16 or so under normal driving at low boost. How can I tell If I am running too rich if the stock sensor is not acurate at less than 12.5?

5EAT, UP, full turboback, drop in filter, Perrin TMIC.

11 flat is probably a little too rich but not too bad that it will hurt anything. I definately wouldn't go any higher than 12 at WOT. 11.5-11.8 is ideal for power/safety. Did you tune the car after modding or is this with the stock tune?

Never go to that first shop again.

11 flat is probably a little too rich but not too bad that it will hurt anything. I definitely wouldn't go any higher than 12 at WOT.
:confused::lol::lol:

11.5-11.8 is ideal for power/safety.

:confused: Maybe with WI

If you don't have a clue don't post :rolleyes:

Low 11's w/o WI

Mid to upper w/ WI

I am running a PDX tune and just recieved opinion form them that the stock sensors tend to report 11 AFR once the actual value is below 12.5 due to limitations of the sensors. This seems to make sense. I need a realtime tune of some sort to get the best performance but do NOT plan to let the above mentioned shop do it. I will take it elsewhere.

I plan to go for WI in the next year or so and will have the live tune done at the time of that install...hopefully before the heat of next summer hits.:)

Archived