Rota quality?

jim1969

Which rims?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which rims?

• 17" 04 BBS STI rims
    • 17" Prodrive P1
    • 17" Rota G-Force

Sure they are copies, but isn't that the sincerest form of flattery?

I dont think flattery is the word in the situation, maybe you were thinking of forgery? Personally I would go with a different wheel. if you are just trying to make your car have a set of wheels, rota is probably the way to go. But if you want something unique, something that stands out, or something different, I would put off spending money and find something nobody else has.

• 2 months later...
So... Rota quality compared to a Stock LGT Wheel... stronger, weaker, same?

I have no idea, but my stock rims took a pounding or 3 on a navigational rally i did in them... potholes, dirt road, worst roads ever, and they came through beautifully.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

OP, let me ask you this;

If the Prodrives and BBS's are within your means of purchase, why are you considering the Rota's?

As others have said, Rota's make solid wheels. Plenty of other subaru enthusiasts have run them in winter, rally, rallyx, autox, track events, HPDE's, etc. and did perfectly suited for their purposes.

If you like the design and what a specific color (from experience Rotas have a lot more available color choices than most wheel manufacturers), and aren't concerned with namebrand, then yeah, rota's would suit you. If you want something more (I don't know how to put it in any other words...name recognition? "quality"? etc), then spring for the other two choices.

Archived