LegacyGT.com

Car Alarm ???

outback07

Today as i was at work i see this older lookin guy driving a car like mine 2007 Outback sedan. I said to the guy isnt the outback an amazing car he says, yes i said i have one look and i showed him blah blah... Were talkin and when he locked his car instead of the chirp i hear a police siren it was so friggin loud. Instead of it chirping the siren went off for the duration the chirp would have. He said he got a police siren installed they disconnected the chirp speaker wired up the siren.Since the Subaru Oem alarm system is huked up to the horn when the alarm is activated they rewired it so the siren would go off instead of the horn. This siren was so loud you could hear it blocks away my ears hurt. Does anyone know if this is illegal and if someone has done this i want it ??? Does anyone know where i can get the siren and where the chirp speaker is located ???

wait ... wait.... i think i have it, nope. lost it.

1) why the hell would you want a siren sound when you lock your doors? If you lived beside me and i heard that every night or everytime you locked the doors you would be filing an insurance claim by the time i got done.

2) You want to know where the chirper is? click here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1ef143da4435063ac10e511e66ef3e84

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Don't put in a super-loud siren just for the on/off chirp.

Put in 2 sirens that will go off if somebody actually smashes your window/ opens your doors, or jacks up your car on a tow truck.

a 118db interior piezo siren in the dash works well, as does another full sized siren hooked up inside the engine comparment- best to install it under a body panel that has to be removed to even see the siren.

(But all this is just basic car security 101. Go to a Car Audio shop and talk to a sales guy / installer who actually can give you some sound advice)

Oh, plus a couple LED's blinking inside the car and some security stickers on the windows are just about the best thing you can do, short of parking it inside a sealed garage.

Most thieves just want to break in and steal whatever they can, rarely the whole car. If you have a ton of stickers and LED's on the car that say" Don't break in 'cause this alarm will wake up all the neighbors!!" then they usually go to the next car that will offer a silent theft.

This is the case in my city. Most are druggie scum looking for change and pawn-shop type items.

Archived