LegacyGT.com

Random - Legacy snow drift

anyone know how the legacy drifts? im used to my 2.5RS and was able with that gearing to drift very nicely in the snow in 2nd without going above 2-3K

will the LGT be able to do that with enough power, or will it need to be 4-5K in 1st to really get the tires moving?

anyone know how the legacy drifts? im used to my 2.5RS and was able with that gearing to drift very nicely in the snow in 2nd without going above 2-3K

will the LGT be able to do that with enough power, or will it need to be 4-5K in 1st to really get the tires moving?

Drifts great with Contiextreme 215/50-17s though you have to give her a little extra juice to get the tires to nicely skate.

The LGT OEM tires apparently let you drift on dry pavement in late August in third gear @ 1500 RPM.;)

So what you are saying is that the contis aren't really all that good in the snow and to go and buy some real winter tires? :lol:

Hardly! :lol:

You have to give the Contis the extra juice to get them to break traction. And what's really cool with them is that if you are getting the understeer happening a little more than you like, you give the Contis a little more juice and steering input and fronts pull you right back on track.

Friggin Hongcouverites know nothing about real snow. :lol:

OK, so if one was to do this in a parking lot...theoretically...and was approached by a cop...is this illegal?

around here they have better things to do. they could give you a ticket but usually just tell you to go home. especialy if your on a privet parking lot like a factory or something. they would have to call the owner and the owner would have to say yeah, ticket the guy. if your in a public place like a mall or school or park parking lot then the cop can ticket you if he wants. but also you go some where for a few min then leave. you dont spend hours there. pluse it gets kinda boring in a parking lot. i just cruise the roads.

oh and vimy we dont have 2.5t's they are 2.5i, 2.5 gt, or 3.0r i would think some one as educated as you would know that a 2.5T is a volvo

results of my asshattery:spin:

P2140215.thumb.jpg.63ac755c115774be3f9e2c3a5292ef2c.jpg

P2140216.thumb.jpg.886b4448801b25e3e6cb95d3a0790b5a.jpg

P2140217.thumb.jpg.f11f79e6287c86e62db46fbb054336a6.jpg

P2140218.thumb.jpg.1befcba9235d5738e308d35896b49ac0.jpg

P2140219.thumb.jpg.16b21547f4ffe4ccd3ebd953bb20da52.jpg

P2140220.thumb.jpg.db3c935f5dfabb167eab4718efbf633f.jpg

^^^ Malls are Private Property

I used to have Hakka H1s on the RS and it was awesome - drift with the gas, immeditely grabbed when I let off!

I do have a better set of tires on my car (2 sets, one summer one winter!)

only usefull way to roll when you live with 2 seasons. i should re paint my winters before i put them on. im thinking that bronze wheel paint will work

The exhaust note is often a good way of extrapolating engine rpm. :cool:

so insted of saying you like to here the exhaust, which you can. you say you want to hear the rpm through the exhaust. hmmm weird. and do you even know what extrapolating means?

i got $10 on vimy having a word of the day calender sitting in front of him.

Archived