LegacyGT.com

Going Stage 2...DP question.

TPLGT

Fishbone:

Since the UP and DP are separated by the turbo it doesn't matter if they are the same or different brands. You will either need to get an cattless UP with a EGT sensor bung(not suggested), do the resistor fix(this is for the EGT not O2) or get an AP to bypass the codes all together. Even with a catted DP you will still need to either do the 02 sensor spacer fix or again the AP will take care of that code too.

Let's kick this pig!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys rock, I'm pretty much set.

Unfortunately, lurking the trading boards, the catted dps are still a bit out of my price range and since winter is not too far off, I'd rather wait until spring. I have the money for an UP but it would be a waste and sit on a shelf for months. Should I go with a up/dp set, any known fitment issues mixing vendors? Are pretty much all aftermarket catless UPs wider diameter, or do I have to watch for that? Most I've seen are 3 inch?

With an aftermarket catted dp, do I still have to do the resistor mod for the sensor?

No issues mixing up pipe and downpipe brands seeing how they do not connect to each other. With a cobb catted downpipe, it tapers to 2.5" but I've read of many users in the exhaust setup sticky that have the cobb catted down mated with a 3" perrin catback no problems.

For an up pipe, you will want a flex up pipe a lot of the solid pieces crack because they don't give. The autospeed up pipe I have does have a flex section if you want it I would sell it for 30$ shipped... the only thing your after market up pipe won't have is a bunch of added weight from the cast iron metal and the cat restricting flow. They are all basically the same size piping.

As for the reisistor mod you are worrying about it pertains to the up pipe, not the downpipe only for 05 and 06 legacys. The down pipe only has an o2 sensor on it, and in some case like with a cobb catted dp it has an extra o2 bung right after the turbo for wide band o2 tuning. On my year legacy there is an egt sensor bung on the stock up pipe, when you go to catless up pipe you use the resistor for check engine light preventative fix and in the case your aftermarket up pipe does have an egt bung, like my bpm up pipe, you plug it with an oil drain plug as a safety measure. You don't want to plug your egt sensor in because it could get so hot it the sensor will break down and get sucked into the turbo.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing som searching at a/m downpipes.

I think Autospeed has a full 3" catted dp for $349.00. This seems like a really good deal but I don't know if a lot have the Autospeed downpipe or if this has any fitment issues.

I thought I would just mention this since some like myself would like to go catted but did not want to spend over $550.00.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I was doing som searching at a/m downpipes.

I think Autospeed has a full 3" catted dp for $349.00. This seems like a really good deal but I don't know if a lot have the Autospeed downpipe or if this has any fitment issues.

I thought I would just mention this since some like myself would like to go catted but did not want to spend over $550.00.

I think I got the last one of these.:) I bought it from fastwrx.com earlier this year. They might still have it on their website, but they no longer take orders for it. Several people here have tried to find one with no luck. I think Autospeed only makes an UP and a CBE now. I love mine, it fits perfect and has given me no problems so far.

Let's kick this pig!

I think I got the last one of these.:) I bought it from fastwrx.com earlier this year. They might still have it on their website, but they no longer take orders for it. Several people here have tried to find one with no luck. I think Autospeed only makes an UP and a CBE now. I love mine, it fits perfect and has given me no problems so far.

I knew it was to good to be true. :mad:

I probably do what I've doing with everything else. Just keep searching for used.:p

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived