LegacyGT.com

Anybody want an Albero Bumper?

nikonian11

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

I have no pics to provide yet as my I'm still in TX and the car is in Wisconsin where it was stored for the past 15 months but this is what I can tell you...

The guy who painted and trimmed said it was by far the best front bumper he's ever dealt with as far as fitment and condition is concerned. He said that prepping it for paint was seemless and there were no flaws in the fiberglass that he had to smooth out. He said that this was probably the best front bumper he's ever seen as far as quality and structure and he's been doing this for over 20 years.

As far as fitment, I have no front bumper beam, instead I have the AVO FMIC who claims you can use a trimmed down version of the bumper beam but I found this to be impossible along with several other members of this forum. Because of all this, each mounting tab lined up perfectly with the car. As a matter of fact, he said this bumper fit better than the stock one did. Go figure.

As far as fog lights, I have to scrap those as the stockers are too deep and the plumbing for the FMIC get in the way. Not a big deal... am looking into getting some aftermarkets to fix that problem.

And that's it. My buddy who's been taking care of the car for me knows how much I had to shell out for this piece and he says its worth every penny. He actually told the guy who did this for me what I paid for it and from a quality point of view, said that it was worth it as well. Hopefully this answers anyones questions about the piece.

Some, ( but not all ) Subaru dealerships in Japan will fit the ALBERO Bumpers and kits as a dealer option; thanks for your comments on quality

For those that don't have the AVO FMIC, the Japanese domestic model Spec B front Bumper beam and energy absorber set make the ALBERO a bolt-on to the USA model

Best

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

PS; we're open 'til December 28th, then will close for New Year vacation and reopen January 6th 2008, so happy to handle LegacyGT club enquiries by Pm or through our site

• 1 month later...
Japanparts,

I just PM'd you but I'm very interested in going with either the STi V-Limited front end or the Albero front end ASAP as my car was just in an accident.

Could you please contact me and let me know what we'd be looking at timing wise?

Thank you!

What Year? Model? Color?

Delivered to what ZIP Code?

Airfreight will take 10-15 days to your door *if* all Parts are available for immediately delivery ( we will confirm the turnaround + quote so you know "how much and how soon" )

Seafreight will cost less and take 8-10 weeks to your door

Let me know!

Best

GW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived